ADVERTISEMENT

Washington St. V SJSU

You're being too courteous, Bull. WSU and OSU are snakes.
Meany. Not our fault Gloria (per reports) tried to jack us by doubling the fee for the already shitty scheduling alliance. If you want to be mad, be mad at your 4 traitors. Then collect your share of the poaching money and withheld distributions from the traitors, and then accept our invite later in the year. In the meantime, figure out who should join you, AF, Wyoming, SJSU, USU, or Reno. I guess in that order. SJSU looked great last night. But WTF is the deal with their stadium plans? Isn't it down to 20K now?

I missed the SJSU WSU game..

There’s this circular concrete slab that is near the endzone..is it still there?

Meany. Not our fault Gloria (per reports) tried to jack us by doubling the fee for the already shitty scheduling alliance. If you want to be mad, be mad at your 4 traitors. Then collect your share of the poaching money and withheld distributions from the traitors, and then accept our invite later in the year. In the meantime, figure out who should join you, AF, Wyoming, SJSU, USU, or Reno. I guess in that order. SJSU looked great last night. But WTF is the deal with their stadium plans? Isn't it down to 20K now?
Can't be mad. Unfortunately its the college sports landscape that has changed so much allowing this to happen. It has to stabilize at some point, but IMO, everyone is looking out for themselves, as they should. It just sucks that its blowing up regional rivalries and causing chaos in all of the conferences.

@Loyal Coug1 whats the thoughts from your board on these AAC schools? The $25 million buyout for each school being discussed is pretty high. Seems like South Florida may be out. Would Memphis or Tulane be willing to come by themselves if the other doesn't come? Would UTSA be invited if the other 3 don't come? What if all 4 AAC schools say, yes, we're interested, but not until 2027, which is later than the PAC needs the 8 schools?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Can't be mad. Unfortunately its the college sports landscape that has changed so much allowing this to happen. It has to stabilize at some point, but IMO, everyone is looking out for themselves, as they should. It just sucks that its blowing up regional rivalries and causing chaos in all of the conferences.

@Loyal Coug1 whats the thoughts from your board on these AAC schools? The $25 million buyout for each school being discussed is pretty high. Seems like South Florida may be out. Would Memphis or Tulane be willing to come by themselves if the other doesn't come? Would UTSA be invited if the other 3 don't come? What if all 4 AAC schools say, yes, we're interested, but not until 2027, which is later than the PAC needs the 8 schools?
First of all my Coug board brethren are mostly dimwits. They are reluctant to opine on this mess. My worldly perspectives are all that matters.

I have not, and am not, in favor of offering any AAC school, and the recent news that their exit fees would be damn near as much as the MW poaching+exit fee is music to my ears. I don't want to be in a league with members 2,000 miles away. And a hard no on USF. Way too far. I wish we could turn the clock back and do the "dissolve and take the top 9" or the full reverse merger. Spending shitloads of our money in this current scenario sucks.

And good point on the 2027 notion. My current position is that we bite the financial bullet further and take UNLV and one other. After last night's game I kind of like SJSU. Get to 8, stand pat, and then talk to these AAC schools without any timeline pressure.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT