ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread Vs Wyo

Looks cold. Wyoming having success running the ball. Rebels utilizing two quarterbacks?? Decker had a nice first drive.

No pressure. Crap secondary. I thought we were going to beat Wyo by 35 after first couple of drives. Now, I'm just worried.

Still...after all that...I don't feel like years past. Come Rebs. Finish this year strong.

Gauranteed these guys come out to play in the second half n

WOW! Decker makes the worst decisions! Has a good arm, and makes a good throw then a bad one.

No pressure. Crap secondary. I thought we were going to beat Wyo by 35 after first couple of drives. Now, I'm just worried.

Still...after all that...I don't feel like years past. Come Rebs. Finish this year strong.

Gauranteed these guys come out to play in the second half n

I hope they can come out with some fire in the second half.

They look pretty disinterested to me. i can't believe we are trailing at the half.

Tough way to end season. Well. Started well.

Considering everything I'm still ok with it. Cannon came home. Got some valuable playing time for key contributors next season. If we can land a QB, I like our chances for a winning season.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
unfortunately since the unr game any good will that was built up for the UNLV football team, with the exception of the small number of us who go to games and have season tickets, has been totally lost with the way they have finished off the season. I just hope they can look really good during recruiting and the spring game if they want any chance to bring any new fans next season. The last 3 games looked as bad as UNLV has ever looked.

unfortunately since the unr game any good will that was built up for the UNLV football team, with the exception of the small number of us who go to games and have season tickets, has been totally lost with the way they have finished off the season. I just hope they can look really good during recruiting and the spring game if they want any chance to bring any new fans next season. The last 3 games looked as bad as UNLV has ever looked.
Very tired squad, defensively. Missing players, no depth, they just ran out of gas awhile back. The improvements in fundamentals, like tackling, assignments - that all slowly eroded over the course of the season and that's a sign of fatigue.

Now they know where they are at and can work from here.

Finishing the season off with a bang!!

We won one more game than the books had us pegged for. Give the man an extension.

Terrible. We couldn't have finished the season worse. How can a defensive unit suck this bad. What's scary is we get a lot of these guys back . Where's the paper bag for my head.

Very disappointing end to the season. I felt like a big final win would do the program well. I just do not know what happened after UNR. It is obvious that it will take time to change the culture with UNLV football. Right now I am physically ill. I am, however, a Rebel to the end. Time for a glass(s) of wine....

I thought the Wyoming game would be a gimme. It would have been a large positive getting that win.
Breaking in a new quarterback, inexperience at safety along with the needs at defensive end makes 2016 a big question mark as far as how well the parts will gel.

We won one more game than the books had us pegged for. Give the man an extension.

Terrible. We couldn't have finished the season worse. How can a defensive unit suck this bad. What's scary is we get a lot of these guys back . Where's the paper bag for my head.
Yes, the season could have been worse. It could be zero wins and no cannon. This win total was expected. Don't make this team and coaching staff something it's not.

Actually, there are some decent players coming back on the defensive next year which will be a positive. They need to add depth and some key positions but believe it or not the defense will be vastly improved next season.

I'm optimistic that next season we'll get 5 wins and continue to build from there. I'll guess that our o/u will be 3.5.
OOC schedule includes UCLA, Central Michigan and Idaho. Looks like we still need to add one. When they do, I assume it will be a winnable game.

So I'm saying 3-1 in out of conference and 4-4 in MWC West. That's 7-5 season and a bowl game in the 2nd year of the CTS New Era.

We knew this year would be a struggle but the future is bright. Give CTS a full recruiting cycle and by his 3rd season, UNLV will be going to it's 2nd consecutive bowl game and the history-of-losing monkey will be off its back.

I didn't like the end of this season but you can clearly see this is no Hauck team. The culture is being established and hopefully the tools (money, facilities, recruiting) will follow.

Very disappointing loss but the altitude was definitely a contributing factor. That being said i'm looking forward to doubling our wins next year and more improvements under CTS!

How can the defense look this bad? Because its essentially the same 11 guys back from last year?

Also the defense has huge turnover, especially in the secondary.

Expect big juco influx this year to fill in gaps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT