ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Coach Tony Bennett retires

Apparently it's not health related. Pretty crazy to go through all of the offseason stuff, and then 3 weeks before the 1st game, retire.

You have to wonder what this is about, if it's not a health issue. Gotta be more to the story.

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
Maybe they will hire Kevin out from under us in the next couple weeks
I think at this point, they pretty much just have to promote one of the assistant coaches to be head coach. Then figure out the long term plan after the season. What coach could jump into that on such a short notice? Would be tough!

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
No idea of the validity of this but some radio guys were saying tired of NIL and Portal? Just me thinking that if he did decide he’s just tired of the BS maybe he waited as long as he did to ensure his assistant gets the job at least this season. Obviously they won’t get a current coach for this year.

Interesting thing is that the portal is now open for everyone on the UVA team for the next 30 days.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
No idea of the validity of this but some radio guys were saying tired of NIL and Portal? Just me thinking that if he did decide he’s just tired of the BS maybe he waited as long as he did to ensure his assistant gets the job at least this season. Obviously they won’t get a current coach for this year.

Interesting thing is that the portal is now open for everyone on the UVA team for the next 30 days.
That’s a good point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT