ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Exploring Options After USU Joins PAC

Collusion in and of itself wouldn’t necessarily be the problem, I mean there had to be collusion since all 4 came in at the same time. Colluding amongst the four, along with the PAC 2 while the MW was in active negotiations with the PAC 2 would be the issue.

The flip side of this is that I read something today where the MW was trying to recruit WSC directly and apart from Oregon St… that too could have been done in bad faith, so…
But the traitor 4 helped draft the contract being judicially scrutinized as to its legality.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Collusion in and of itself wouldn’t necessarily be the problem, I mean there had to be collusion since all 4 came in at the same time. Colluding amongst the four, along with the PAC 2 while the MW was in active negotiations with the PAC 2 would be the issue.

The flip side of this is that I read something today where the MW was trying to recruit WSC directly and apart from Oregon St… that too could have been done in bad faith, so…

'Sources say it was discussed'

But I hear you.

My point being if SDSU and the rest were in any way involved in the scheduling agreement while also in talks about jumping ship that feels real collusiony.

Last edited:

But I hear you.

My point being if SDSU and the rest were in any way involved in the scheduling agreement while also in talks about jumping ship that feels real collusiony.
I am no attorney, but I fail to see the relevance. The agreement was signed 9 months ago, when the Pac had a different Commissioner, and the notion of pursuing a merger was specifically called out in the agreement. The poaching provisions, while stiff, seem OK to me. But then the Pac poaches and claims that the agreement they signed was invalid. As I've said a few times now, how does that translate to exit fees, GOR's and everything else? Can FSU and Clemson just walk now at -0- cost?

But the traitor 4 helped draft the contract being judicially scrutinized as to its legality.
That would definitely be part of any “bad faith”, as you of course know.

But I hear you.

Hand in hand with what reagan said and would definitely be the bad faith part needed to go hand in hand with the collusion part.

And all of it goes straight to the part where everything gets dragged out for god knows how long. Ultimately it would most likely end up settled BUT in the meantime both sides are gonna be asking for “stuff” from the other side that they think helps their case… and then both sides litigate about that… and so on and so on…

If in fact there is evidence that the MW was trying to pick off one PAC school and not the other, then that to me would be a pretty damning piece of evidence that the MW was in fact trying to murder their partner. I’d imagine that would go a long way in convincing a judge that the party acting in bad faith through everything was the MW.

It would most certainly cause the MW to settle for far less than they otherwise thought they’d get.

That would definitely be part of any “bad faith”, as you of course know.

Hand in hand with what reagan said and would definitely be the bad faith part needed to go hand in hand with the collusion part.

And all of it goes straight to the part where everything gets dragged out for god knows how long. Ultimately it would most likely end up settled BUT in the meantime both sides are gonna be asking for “stuff” from the other side that they think helps their case… and then both sides litigate about that… and so on and so on…

If in fact there is evidence that the MW was trying to pick off one PAC school and not the other, then that to me would be a pretty damning piece of evidence that the MW was in fact trying to murder their partner. I’d imagine that would go a long way in convincing a judge that the party acting in bad faith through everything was the MW.

It would most certainly cause the MW to settle for far less than they otherwise thought they’d get.

Damn it now they're going to reverse sue our reverse sue.

A double reverse suing!

UNLV still has to compete with VGK and Raiders.

Winning will help no argument. But the worse the schedule the less that winning will help.

Sure back in the 80s 90s and when UNLV was only show in town didn't matter who they played.

Now I think it does matter.
You, forgot. 2 Time-defending WNBA Champs, LV Aces too.
Many sports choices, this city has available to them.

Sorry buddy, you say 2 different things in successive posts. You sure you didn't come from my Board and assume a different handle? :) :)

And semi related, there were basically no exit fees for the Pac traitors because the media contract had expired. I still am not quite sure how we wrangled the $65M from them.
They announced leaving and played out an entire season. That is 1 season season of a contract, right?
It was also a record year for the pac 12 with each team receiving 37 million dollars ( not just media rights).

The MW is in the same boat, except it is 2 years away, not one. And that our contract is significantly less. But we don't have a contract beyond next season, just like you didn't have a contract beyond that final season.

Yes sorry I did say technically 2 separate things. I should have said "New PAC teams" instead of PAC. Excuuuuuuuuse me.

You still didn't answer my question. How much of YOUR post was pulled from your butt and how much was an actual report?

Last edited:
Ok so let me ask this.

Why is the conference not already dissolved?

We are at 7 technically 6 with Hawaii as football only.

I get that the conference is intact for another year.

However in 2026 we no longer even qualify for a conference. Couldn't an argument be made that with media rights, scheduling etc UNLV and the rest of the remaining schools should be allowed to leave based on the uncertainty?

Say UNLV and AF toe the line.

There is absolutely no guarantee that the MWC and it's commissioner are going to even be able to fill the remaining empty spots for the MWC to even qualify as a conference.

In that scenario UNLV would be screwed right? A free agent who's only opportunity would be to go independent.

I know there are basically two camps to this. Get the Hell out of MWC now and stay put and collect the money.

I recognize the risks involved in both and the potential benefits in both.

I don't think this would happen but let's say MWC is unable to attract any new members? What then?
PAC got down to 2, and were still a conference, they have a 2 year window. THe MW has a 4ish window as of now.

PAC got down to 2, and were still a conference, they have a 2 year window. THe MW has a 4ish window as of now.
The 4ish year window though is kinda sorta the window… a TVdeal would need to get done soon and that most definitely impacts how long the MW has… in a round about way.

They announced leaving and played out an entire season. That is 1 season season of a contract, right?
It was also a record year for the pac 12 with each team receiving 37 million dollars ( not just media rights).

The MW is in the same boat, except it is 2 years away, not one. And that our contract is significantly less. But we don't have a contract beyond next season, just like you didn't have a contract beyond that final season.

Yes sorry I did say technically 2 separate things. I should have said "New PAC teams" instead of PAC. Excuuuuuuuuse me.

You still didn't answer my question. How much of YOUR post was pulled from your butt and how much was an actual report?
Sorry, catching up. had to watch the Fever choke away the WNBA playoff game. Wish I was there to comfort Lexie Hull.

Anyway, I scrolled back but don't understand what I supposedly pulled out of my butt. Which does occur frequently. It can be a traffic jam in there at times what with BS and flying pigs jockeying to get out. Need a traffic light or something. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT