ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV @ USU

**** that! Run up the score on the schools leaving the MWC. We need to get back into the conversation. We got absolutely no votes this week.
If I was CBO, I'll quietly beat USU and OSU. Then just beat BSU any way I can. In the championship game is where I would run up the score.

Edit: IMHO, UNLV lost the game because of their first two drives. It was uncharacteristic of UNLV and I hope Marion learn from it.

Last edited:
**** that! Run up the score on the schools leaving the MWC. We need to get back into the conversation. We got absolutely no votes this week.
Now, now. UNLV got 11 votes in the Coaches poll. Which sucks (that poll that is). My Cougs feel your pain - we were on the cusp of the top 25 in both polls, but after losing to BSU we had -0- in either poll. Now this week? WSU got more votes in the AP poll than TT and uw, both of which we beat. Coaches poll? We got none, but both uw and TT did. Conclusion? The coaches hate WSU, but apparently like UNLV.

Now, now. UNLV got 11 votes in the Coaches poll. Which sucks (that poll that is). My Cougs feel your pain - we were on the cusp of the top 25 in both polls, but after losing to BSU we had -0- in either poll. Now this week? WSU got more votes in the AP poll than TT and uw, both of which we beat. Coaches poll? We got none, but both uw and TT did. Conclusion? The coaches hate WSU, but apparently like UNLV.
Maybe, just maybe the Coaches saw the game objectively without the influence of the zebras amongst other things. The head ref of the ACC referee crew is also a full time lawyer with his own firm?

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Beat USU and Oregon State they'll be back in top 25. USU can move the ball ok but defensively they've not been very good. If ever there was a game where the Rebels should be able to line up and dictate with the ground game this is it.

Beat USU and Oregon State they'll be back in top 25. USU can move the ball ok but defensively they've not been very good. If ever there was a game where the Rebels should be able to line up and dictate with the ground game this is it.
I don't think going 2-0 on this road stretch will get us back in. I do think it'll have us knocking on the door again, and should we beat BSU at home, who will be top 13 at that point, we will get in and stay in the rest of the way.

I don't think going 2-0 on this road stretch will get us back in. I do think it'll have us knocking on the door again, and should we beat BSU at home, who will be top 13 at that point, we will get in and stay in the rest of the way.
Especially AP where we got no votes. If we win we will get back in. But we will have our hands full.

Especially AP where we got no votes. If we win we will get back in. But we will have our hands full.
Yup. For us to sniff the AP top 25 again, we need to win the next 2, BSU needs to win theirs, and we have to beat them. That's it as far as chances at top 25 go. Should we drop the BSU game, we could maybe sneak in end of year if we win out after Boise. We'll see. Just beat USU. That's it.

Yup. For us to sniff the AP top 25 again, we need to win the next 2, BSU needs to win theirs, and we have to beat them. That's it as far as chances at top 25 go. Should we drop the BSU game, we could maybe sneak in end of year if we win out after Boise. We'll see. Just beat USU. That's it.
Exactly. We still control our own destiny. We don't necessarily have to beat Boise twice to win the MWC tournament title. But if the goal is to get to the CFB playoffs, UNLV probably has to win out, which is possible but pretty unlikely.

We should beat utah st easily, but really hoping we dont have a let down after a tough loss. Hoping they come out like they did against Fresno and take it to Utah St early and never let down.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We should beat utah st easily, but really hoping we dont have a let down after a tough loss. Hoping they come out like they did against Fresno and take it to Utah St early and never let down.
If Marion dont try to be cute and just play to UNLV strengths, it should be a win. If UNLV want to run up the scores, just unleash and keep the 1st string through the 3rd quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT