ADVERTISEMENT

**UNLV (18-6) @ UNM (6-15) Series Thread** UNLV SWEPT by UNM

ScoresMan

National Player of the Year
Aug 31, 2008
The Hustlin Rebels head on the road for 6 straight games and the first 3 are headed by the Lobos of New Mexico. UNM is off to a less than stellar year with a mark of 6-15. 3 of those wins coming against UT-San Antonio. New Mexico also picked up a win against SDSU in conference play, but losing the series 2 games to 1.

Rebels look to build their record in conference play and continue to climb the ladder in the polls. A sweep here could put them on the brink once again.

:Schedule:
Friday 25th - 5PM
Saturday 26th - 5pm
Sunday 27th - Noon
This post was edited on 3/26 8:53 PM by ScoresMan
This post was edited on 4/2 10:10 AM by ScoresMan

Re: **UNLV (18-6) @ UNM (6-15) Series Thread**

Let's go for the sweep. GO REBEL!!!

Thank god for Jim Livengood getting rid of Buddy

When was the last time the Baseball team beat 3 teams ranked in the Top 15 in the same season? They've beat the #9, #14 and now the #11th ranked team in the country. Helluva start to the season and these guys have proven they can play with and beat any of the elite teams in the country.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

It is fun to watch the improvement in the baseball team with the same players that went 29-29 last year, along with a few transfers and freshmen. The team has gone from being ranked #192 at the beginning of the season to being ranked between 25-55 on most of the poles now.

In one season if the coach can turn this team around this much, imagine how much will happen when he gets the kids out of Rancho and Bishop Gorman, along with a year or two of recruiting.

Don't be suprised if UNLV turns into a pipeline for players going to the pro's.

Good Job!

Originally posted by Rebel1986:
It is fun to watch the improvement in the baseball team with the same players that went 29-29 last year, along with a few transfers and freshmen. The team has gone from being ranked #192 at the beginning of the season to being ranked between 25-55 on most of the poles now.

In one season if the coach can turn this team around this much, imagine how much will happen when he gets the kids out of Rancho and Bishop Gorman, along with a year or two of recruiting.

Don't be suprised if UNLV turns into a pipeline for players going to the pro's.

Good Job!

Goes to show what a good coach who can also recruit can do wonders for a team. Hopefully Livengood is taking notes for the other Rebel sports.

It all starts with recruiting...TC took the quick fix and brought a lot of CSN players with him....He's a good coach and surrounded himself with GREAT ASSISTANTS[hope you're reading this Lon]
Had a great talk with Coach Pletsch from Rancho last night...All three kids from Rancho can't wait to get to UNLV...The incoming class of recruits will be special..Very very good players and good kids too.
on a side note Kevin Kline from Rancho had a nice day yesterday...3hr's and 11 rbi's against Palo...Desert Oasis has a soph who throws in the low 90's...I'll find out more about him....

With the way Chambers has already turned around the program, it may be a little early to talk about being a great program, but they are at least competitive with teams on the elite level. I can see UNLV becoming a pipeline for all of the best high school players out of Las Vegas instead of losing them to teams from the PAC-12 and other conferences.

I do agree, that it would be nice if Kruger could bring in a good recruiter and also be able to bring in the great players from Bishop Gorman and Findley Prep in Basketball. I can keep crossing my fingers.

0-0 bottom of the 4th.

1-0 UNM, bottom of the 7th

3-0 UNM, top of the 8th.

Rebels lose 3-1.

BAD BAD BAD BAD loss.

Peters was the starter too. sheesh.
This post was edited on 3/25 9:04 PM by ScoresMan

Road games are always tough. We still got games 2 & 3 left.

Rebels losing 7-5.

All the work we built we could lose in this series I think. They are just a bad team, road or not.

EDIT: I'm referring to UNM as a bad team.
This post was edited on 3/26 8:32 PM by ScoresMan

Today will tell us a lot about this team...Baseball is a game of streaks..It's the first time this year that this team has faced some adversity, they need to win today big time....Good luck Rebs...Get it done!!!!

what happened in today's game? gametracker says 0-0 bottom 1st, but the game appears to be stopped, rain delay?

UNLV lost 7-9

Re: **UNLV (18-6) @ UNM (6-15) Series Thread** Lose the First 2 :(

Wow, not good at all,basically takes away everything we've done.

then UNM got swept by Gonzaga while I was up there last weekend. Dammit.

Is Kruger coaching this baseball team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT