ADVERTISEMENT

Unless I’m reading this wrong

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
and I could be, bouncing between pages on cell phone.

But it looks like being a 4/5 might be better than a 3.

Anything can happen, still a lot of games for everyone, but it’s looking like heavy odds UNLV finishes 3-5 unless UNLV collapses or Boise collapses.

Assuming neither collapses ...

The 4 plays the 5 at 230 pm with the winner playing the number 1 at 6 pm on Friday. With th injury to Drew, I think I might like UNLV’s chances better against UNR? I think? Be careful what you wish for, you get it and your ass gets kicked. To be honest, to me either UNR or Boise comes down to UNLV’s mindset more than their own. I’m saying UNLV has the talent to beat both. It’s not a long shot, it’s not even a moderate improbability.

The 3 has an edge because they’d play a more tired winner of 6/11 and it'd be at 830 pm which is better for a crowd and the opponent would be easier and more tired. But that’s give you a game vs Reno in the Fri night semis at 6pm, which isn’t as good of a start time as the 830pm Friday vs Boise.

A lot of scenarios and assumptions, of course and the MWC has been pretty erratic with post season expectations whether the league is good or poor, so it’s all probably moot. But those seem like the most likely scenarios for the Rebels. Only difference between the 4/5 is uniform scheme and bench placement. And it should be a 3/4/5 finish.

Reactions: ToddL18
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News