ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA Fans

depuppy3

UNLV Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2010
Not much respect. Hoping UNLV will get more respect from them after this game.

From Bruins Rivals site

"This HS team should be a great building block for UCLA. lol"

"winning isn't enough against the worst team on our schedule. we don't have go out of way to run up the score, if we play like we are capable of we should mop the floor with them and have our second string play the 4th quarter"

"You schedule cupcakes because they are basically extended practices. You work on things against them that you can't call against a Stanford because every possession in that game is valuable. You try to blow them out so you can get tape on your younger guys. So, yes beating UNLV by 10 is a problem not just because UNLV sucks."

"you must blow out cupcakes" "I want to smash cupcakes like they should be smashed. It will make them better too." "UCLA needs to run UNLV into the grave and tap dance on it, like it or not."

Well, they're not wrong. Sanchez is doing a bang up job, but we're barely a season plus removed from being one of the worst college football programs in all of FBS. Hell, we were basically a FCS school. A midling one at that. The recruiting has been night and day different, but two classes doesn't solve the problems UNLV had. Hopefully the team goes out and represents the changes CTS is implementing, but more likely than not they get run right out of the Rose Bowl in embarrassing fashion. Doesn't mean the program isn't on the right track though. Just means they've got a long ways to go before they're competing against the likes of UCLA.

If we could go in sneak by with a 3 point win, it would make me almost as happy as I was when we beat a "ranked" asu team.

I didn't say it wasn't deserved. Just wanted to show how some of their fans view UNLV, and this game. I just hope things begin to change the perception of UNLV Football, and this week would be nice time to see it, although you can check my prediction on it and see I am not BS'ing myself. They are a ways away from competing on the level we all hope they can get to.

I see what you're saying, @RunninRebl90, but are we not one year bigger, stronger, deeper, and better than the 2015 squad that went toe to toe with UCLA for a half before losing our starting QB? The same team that didn't let Harbaugh's Wolverines run away with the game last year at Ann Arbor?

I'm not predicting a win on Saturday, but if UCLA thinks this is just another practice, they'll have something else coming their way.

If I were a UCLA fan I would be saying the same thing.

They don't follow our program closely. They see a team coming off 2 and 3 win seasons in a bad conference. They are a top 25 team with Pac12 championship hopes.

They aren't aware of the small gains being made within our program.

One of these years I am hoping to catch them by surprise. It's exactly that type of attitude that makes a fanbase go off the deep end, and ripe for trolling opportunities.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
While UCLA will be a tough game, they are not a top 25 team. Texas A&M wasn't either when they beat UCLA. The composite ranking puts UCLA at 41st ranked (middle of the pack) behind both SDSU and BSU. All 3 teams received votes for the top 25 AP poll, but they are not currently top 25 teams on any of the polls.

It is really a tough game to pick since my heart wants UNLV and my gut says UCLA.

Heart say UNLV 28 UCLA 21
Gut says UCLA 35 UNLV 24 .

Reactions: RebelBuzz
We have a long way to go, hopefully we will see improvement this season over last season, and then again next year. Sanchez seems to be doing the right things, saying the right things but as of now he has 2 wins over D1 opponents in his career which is obviously still in its infancy.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT