ADVERTISEMENT

Tyleek Collins

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
This is one guy I was really wanting to hear about and Sanchez brought his name up on day 2. Still in shorts and shirts and he is grabbing attention. His speed and routes must be off the charts and that is what we have been needing so badly. Does anybody think we have been needing someone to return punts for the last 30 yrs. Last guy I can remember was Cowboy Haverty!

Sullivan could have been the guy but the turf monster kept taking him down. How many times did he break into the open field only to trip and fall?

Interesting take from Sanchez regarding the 4 game rule and still maintaining redshirt status. I especially liked what he said regarding injuries and guys getting worn down during the season. He will be able to bring a freshman in and give the guys a break during the year and then be able to bring them back gtrsdh later. Big advantage for programs like ours that don’t have 3 & 4 star guys 3 deep at every position. Also it gives the redshirt guys incentive to stay focused and get better during the redshirt year knowing they will be getting in at some point.

Also of interest is that Freshman Chris Manoa DT ran with the 1’st team when Uasike had to sit out due to dehydration. He looks like a man among boys.

Since we can’t get in to watch the practices I highly recommend getting on twitter if you aren’t there already. Mark Anderson and Mike Grimala are putting out pretty good info plus UNLV football is posting some okay interviews and pics.

Go Rebels!

This is one guy I was really wanting to hear about and Sanchez brought his name up on day 2. Still in shorts and shirts and he is grabbing attention. His speed and routes must be off the charts and that is what we have been needing so badly. Does anybody think we have been needing someone to return punts for the last 30 yrs. Last guy I can remember was Cowboy Haverty!

Sullivan could have been the guy but the turf monster kept taking him down. How many times did he break into the open field only to trip and fall?

Interesting take from Sanchez regarding the 4 game rule and still maintaining redshirt status. I especially liked what he said regarding injuries and guys getting worn down during the season. He will be able to bring a freshman in and give the guys a break during the year and then be able to bring them back gtrsdh later. Big advantage for programs like ours that don’t have 3 & 4 star guys 3 deep at every position. Also it gives the redshirt guys incentive to stay focused and get better during the redshirt year knowing they will be getting in at some point.

Also of interest is that Freshman Chris Manoa DT ran with the 1’st team when Uasike had to sit out due to dehydration. He looks like a man among boys.

Since we can’t get in to watch the practices I highly recommend getting on twitter if you aren’t there already. Mark Anderson and Mike Grimala are putting out pretty good info plus UNLV football is posting some okay interviews and pics.

Go Rebels!
Our special teams haven’t been strong or even decent for awhile. Some aspects have ok, like we might have a decent punter or kicker, but as an entire unit, not good. I have to think back to punt returners. I thought Troy Mason was strong with it, no? Duane James maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT