ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to not overreact...

Hey Reb fans. Great to be back. Congrats on the win. This is "GoDeep8" 80 points is 80 points. This team really likes playing for Tony Sanchez.

Hey Reb fans. Great to be back. Congrats on the win. This is "GoDeep8" 80 points is 80 points. This team really likes playing for Tony Sanchez.
Hey GoDeep8. Hope all is well. How are your young men doing? Where did the youngest end up going? How's his season? How'd Caleb do on the commentary for game? What's he up to now? Hope he joins the UNLV staff some day.

Seems like quite a different atmosphere from the Hauck days.

Welcome back to the board GoDeep8. How is Caleb doing?

Sanchez appears to be the right guy and the players love him. The assistant coaches and staff are doing a great job as well. The program appears to be moving in the right direction.

it's great to be back too, just as a fan. It's amazing after being so close to the program and players for 5 years, it becomes a part of you. All the frustrations and then the final senior season was like a dream come true. Forever a Rebel I guess now. Caleb is doing well. His agent received a call from 2 teams for another invite, but he was in boot camp for PD. My other son got screwed by SDSU and he is now Starting WR at Riverside Community College here in southern Cal. I really wouldn't mind if he chose UNLV to transfer to and we just TORCH SDSU again! Coach C we are waiting....? lol Caleb really like the commentator gig. All he talks is football, he should be coaching somewhere soon. Rosey wanted to bring him to Adam State...
According to Caleb, he says the atmosphere at practice and the locker room is sooooooo much better!!

Thanks for the insight Godeep... er 5hawks1... Mr. Herring. :)

Love hearing about the new atmosphere around the program. If you watched the RebZone show, you saw where the team gave Coach Sanchez the game ball in the locker room. I thought the words and emotion were very telling: (go to 8:15 mark for the clip).

Thanks for the insight Godeep... er 5hawks1... Mr. Herring. :)

Love hearing about the new atmosphere around the program. If you watched the RebZone show, you saw where the team gave Coach Sanchez the game ball in the locker room. I thought the words and emotion were very telling: (go to 8:15 mark for the clip).
I did another thread about something Sanchez said in these clips. I love the use of the word ENEMY at the 15 sec mark in reference to Reno. Spoke to another parent of a player who said the same thing. A much more positive vibe around the team.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Agree with your points RebelBuzz. Our covers ATS have all been by double digit margins too, a sign that Sanchez is outperforming what the books have become conditioned to expect. UCLA was definitely the exception, but for very understandable reasons. Even in the 3 losses, I felt more optimistic about this team than any 0-3 start ever.

How many times in recent years against the big boys do we have 50+ hung on us? Going in, I would have never imagined that this team has yet to allow 40 at this juncture. It wasn't long ago that we were AVERAGING giving up 40! The players are putting in consistent, good efforts while being outmatched weeks 1-3. The execution is better, game management is leaps-and-bounds better, the schemes are better, play calling is better, the rotations...I could go on. Granted, we still do not have world-beater talent on this roster, but my eyes tell me that coaching is not holding these boys back from nearing their performance potential at this point.

I am stoked for the rest of the schedule. Based on what I'm seeing, playing at NIU should prove to be as tough or tougher than anything we will face the rest of the way. These kids have confidence and belief. That can be dangerous (in a good way). Unless I'm missing something, our division (west) seems terrible. I would probably tab Reno as the front-runner right now. IF we find a way to win Saturday, then home against SJSU, we will have some serious momentum for the 2nd half of the season. Not saying we're going to win our division, but the Rebs could be in the discussion in November. We didn't get any favors in our crossover scheduling though getting Boise, @CSU, @Wyo (even though Wyo seems terrible it will be the last home game for them and VERY cold; never an easy place to play). I still don't believe a bowl is in the cards unless the kids play above and beyond from here out. However, if you bet the under on the win total (2.5) at the beginning of the season, it's looking like a good donation to the books at this point. Finishing with about 4-5 wins seems right, and will be viewed by many as a successful first season.

Agree with your points RebelBuzz. Our covers ATS have all been by double digit margins too, a sign that Sanchez is outperforming what the books have become conditioned to expect. UCLA was definitely the exception, but for very understandable reasons. Even in the 3 losses, I felt more optimistic about this team than any 0-3 start ever.

How many times in recent years against the big boys do we have 50+ hung on us? Going in, I would have never imagined that this team has yet to allow 40 at this juncture. It wasn't long ago that we were AVERAGING giving up 40! The players are putting in consistent, good efforts while being outmatched weeks 1-3. The execution is better, game management is leaps-and-bounds better, the schemes are better, play calling is better, the rotations...I could go on. Granted, we still do not have world-beater talent on this roster, but my eyes tell me that coaching is not holding these boys back from nearing their performance potential at this point.

I am stoked for the rest of the schedule. Based on what I'm seeing, playing at NIU should prove to be as tough or tougher than anything we will face the rest of the way. These kids have confidence and belief. That can be dangerous (in a good way). Unless I'm missing something, our division (west) seems terrible. I would probably tab Reno as the front-runner right now. IF we find a way to win Saturday, then home against SJSU, we will have some serious momentum for the 2nd half of the season. Not saying we're going to win our division, but the Rebs could be in the discussion in November. We didn't get any favors in our crossover scheduling though getting Boise, @CSU, @Wyo (even though Wyo seems terrible it will be the last home game for them and VERY cold; never an easy place to play). I still don't believe a bowl is in the cards unless the kids play above and beyond from here out. However, if you bet the under on the win total (2.5) at the beginning of the season, it's looking like a good donation to the books at this point. Finishing with about 4-5 wins seems right, and will be viewed by many as a successful first season.
That post defines perfectly how people should view this years team. Realize there are still some bumps on the road ahead, but at least we are going down the right road.

Reactions: VegasKC SDM
I'm not sure I've quite reached optimistic level as a long suffering Rebel football fan but they definitely have my attention. This week is BIG! Ruck Feno!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT