ADVERTISEMENT

Trivial thought

BornRebelRed

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2007
I know it means nothing; however, our choice of uniforms is really starting to bother me. White pants and black jerseys just look horriblr and uninspiring. Scarlet jerseys with grey pants should be our home outfit. We look like a high school team. And i know its a trivial thing to many people; however... Scarlet and Grey everyday... try it Rebels. Look sharp play sharp... just my two cents...

Reactions: VegasRebz
I know it means nothing; however, our choice of uniforms is really starting to bother me. White pants and black jerseys just look horriblr and uninspiring. Scarlet jerseys with grey pants should be our home outfit. We look like a high school team. And i know its a trivial thing to many people; however... Scarlet and Grey everyday... try it Rebels. Look sharp play sharp... just my two cents...
Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. Grey pants would match the grey numbers and decals much better.

Reactions: johncnlv
They wore white pants last night because they say Las Vegas on the side. First time that combo was worn.

They wore white pants last night because they say Las Vegas on the side. First time that combo was worn.
Pathetic excuse for that uniform. If we were using our colors it would have been Gray pants with UNLV in scarlet. Our school colors are not BLACK WHITE AND RED. Get a clue athletic department. Those colors make as much sense as our new logo.

Great post by the legend himself "BornRebelRed".

I don't think they even have grey pants as an option, even though that is one of our colors. Only white, black and red pants.

I agree though grey would look a lot better.

They just need to add a gray Jersey and pants options to our choices. It makes since to have red and white as options. And I have no problem with blacks. But Gray needs to be an option.

Pathetic excuse for that uniform. If we were using our colors it would have been Gray pants with UNLV in scarlet. Our school colors are not BLACK WHITE AND RED. Get a clue athletic department. Those colors make as much sense as our new logo.

Great post by the legend himself "BornRebelRed".

Pathetic? They wore the white pants because they say Las Vegas on the side. Why was that important? Because they were paying tribute to the city over what happened last week. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Reactions: Doneoett and dcut03
Pathetic? They wore the white pants because they say Las Vegas on the side. Why was that important? Because they were paying tribute to the city over what happened last week. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.
I agree that the black helmet, black jersey white pant combo isn't the best look. But I do get why they wore the pants. The original plan was to go all blacks for this game, but the Las Vegas pants was a late addition.

Pathetic refers to wearing white pants at all not having UNLV on the legs. If you read my entire comment it was that the pants were white instead of gray and had absolutely nothing to do with having UNLV on the legs to pay tribute to the city. I did say gray pants with UNLV in scarlet. I don't get why wearing the school colors is so hard to understand.

Why does having UNLV on the pants matter so much?

I think having Las Vegas down the side is a better tribute than UNLV.

Also technically, the UNLV arch is on the pants.

Fully agree that the black shirt white pants looks dumb. Also they that need a gray option.

IMO, we should have a base set of uniforms, with other alternate options:

Name: Jersey/Pants
Base Home: Scarlet/Grey (3-4 games)
Base Away: White/Grey (3-4 games)
Alternate: Scarlet/Scarlet (1 game, maybe UNR)
Alternate: White/White (plus silver helmet: road alternate, plus maybe a home "white out" game) (1-2 games)
Alternate: Grey/Grey (Grey usually reserved for pants, bust out grey alternate jersey rarely) (1 game)
Alternate: Black/Black (once a season black out game) (1 game)

Right now, it seems like the equipment team puts colors on a dart board and starts throwing...

"Alright, let's see what color for the jerseys....WHITE!"
"And now the pants....RED! White tops and red pants, then."
And now for the helmet.... BLACK. Ooh, nice touch."

IMO, we should have a base set of uniforms, with other alternate options:

Name: Jersey/Pants
Base Home: Scarlet/Grey (3-4 games)
Base Away: White/Grey (3-4 games)
Alternate: Scarlet/Scarlet (1 game, maybe UNR)
Alternate: White/White (plus silver helmet: road alternate, plus maybe a home "white out" game) (1-2 games)
Alternate: Grey/Grey (Grey usually reserved for pants, bust out grey alternate jersey rarely) (1 game)
Alternate: Black/Black (once a season black out game) (1 game)

Right now, it seems like the equipment team puts colors on a dart board and starts throwing...

"Alright, let's see what color for the jerseys....WHITE!"
"And now the pants....RED! White tops and red pants, then."
And now for the helmet.... BLACK. Ooh, nice touch."

I like having multiple uniforms. I also know the kids love it.

I'm with you on the colors. Scarlet and grey and white should be the colors worn most often but I do like the black uniform. Even though black isn't an official color we use it quite a bit.

I like having multiple uniforms. I also know the kids love it.

I'm with you on the colors. Scarlet and grey and white should be the colors worn most often but I do like the black uniform. Even though black isn't an official color we use it quite a bit.
I didn't like black from the very first time, way back when, decades ago. It's not close to a school color. For us, black should be trim, at best. JMO. Doesn't help that the plan was to wear black in '91 and we never got to see them. Felt like bad juju. And that's made it worse for me, even if it's nonsensical supsertition.

I didn't like black from the very first time, way back when, decades ago. It's not close to a school color. For us, black should be trim, at best. JMO. Doesn't help that the plan was to wear black in '91 and we never got to see them. Felt like bad juju. And that's made it worse for me, even if it's nonsensical supsertition.
Bad Juju is right! The uni that never saw the floor.

I had a poster of Evric Gray, Dexter Boney, and JR Rider in the OG black unis back in the day. I thought they were the coolest!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT