ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal list...

An interesting thing to think about in terms of guys we might lose.

Take a look at the QBs that entered the portal. Ohio State's guy??!!

An interesting thing to think about in terms of guys we might lose.

Take a look at the QBs that entered the portal. Ohio State's guy??!!
As a Buckeye fan, the way the community treated both him and Stroud is just terrible. I also think that Day had some real issues with McCord's reads and progressions. McCord would be a great starter at 75% of teams in CFB. However, they will have the NIL money to get whatever transfer they want because I don't think either Brown or Kienholz are ready to take things on and Day could have had Ewers but decided he wanted Justin Fields.

You also can't rule out McCord staying--need to make that NIL money before the NCAA limits it, and OSU has a lot of NIL money.

Edit: In fairness, at the time everyone thought Justin Fields was going to play one year, and Ewers wasn't beating out Stroud and 2020 made everything weirder than normal.

Last edited:
As a Buckeye fan, the way the community treated both him and Stroud is just terrible. I also think that Day had some real issues with McCord's reads and progressions. McCord would be a great starter at 75% of teams in CFB. However, they will have the NIL money to get whatever transfer they want because I don't think either Brown or Kienholz are ready to take things on and Day could have had Ewers but decided he wanted Justin Fields.

You also can't rule out McCord staying--need to make that NIL money before the NCAA limits it, and OSU has a lot of NIL money.

For sure.

When you see guys his caliber hit portal you have to think some dudes at the G5 level might be rethinking their decision to enter.

Just throwing this out there but if you're a school like, I don't know, Mississippi State and you had a choice between him or a guy like Maiava which way are you going?

(Using Maiava as an example not insinuating or suggesting he's gone just for a hypothetical)

Reactions: LVRebel2000
That is one way to tell UTEP you should have hired me.
Exactly. What's funny is I got a couple of DMs this morning from Rebel fans accusing me of lying and that I was making stuff up about Marion leaving. Now why would I make up a story about a coach that everyone wants to stay? Sad that people still dont realize that things change in every hour.

As mentioned this morning, the offer was made, it was going to happen, things happened overnight, and here we are. Now Marion is about to take someone that he could have retained and bring him to Vegas. (assuming that nothing else changes and Kelly doesnt get insane offers and money).

Last edited:
Exactly. What's funny is I got a couple of DMs this morning from Rebel fans accusing me of lying and that I was making stuff up about Marion leaving. Now why would I make up a story about a coach that everyone wants to stay? Sad that people still dont realize that things change in every hour.

As mentioned this morning, the offer was made, it was going to happen, things happened overnight, and here we are. Now Marion is about to take someone that he could have retained and bring him to Vegas. (assuming that nothing else changes and Kelly doesnt get insane offers and money).
Some people don't understand that all these situations are dynamic--just like recruiting. It's why people who have some good inside info just end up having to vaguepost about it because everyone is such an entitled dick about 100% accuracy. Then they get mad when you won't give specifics. I've had 2 pieces of inside info in my entire life, one of which was completely wrong and one of which I never discussed with anyone outside of 3-4 guys. I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do!

Some people don't understand that all these situations are dynamic--just like recruiting. It's why people who have some good inside info just end up having to vaguepost about it because everyone is such an entitled dick about 100% accuracy. Then they get mad when you won't give specifics. I've had 2 pieces of inside info in my entire life, one of which was completely wrong and one of which I never discussed with anyone outside of 3-4 guys. I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do!
I do what I can! This board is more understanding and forgiving than Twitter which is why I post more here. I have definitely been off base on some things and thats fine, I come here right away and say I'm off. But yeah, some people are definitely crazy about 100% accuracy. Oftentimes, the people making decisions are not even 100 percent sure themselves.

Joe has said this several times; that some people come on here and feel entitled and mess things up for the rest of us.

I do what I can! This board is more understanding and forgiving than Twitter which is why I post more here. I have definitely been off base on some things and thats fine, I come here right away and say I'm off. But yeah, some people are definitely crazy about 100% accuracy. Oftentimes, the people making decisions are not even 100 percent sure themselves.

Joe has said this several times; that some people come on here and feel entitled and mess things up for the rest of us.
We are very appreciative of any contribution you make. I would be much more concerned if you "spilled the beans" on things that are confidential. Very glad you use your own discretion.

Lets break it down...

Kelly Akhkari entered the portal on 11/30. He's been receiving offers since that day. Then, Marion was supposed to be the new HC and on the day it was supposed to be announced, it falls apart. Later that day, Akhkari gets a UNLV offer.

And some people will still not see the correlation lol.

Lets break it down...

Kelly Akhkari entered the portal on 11/30. He's been receiving offers since that day. Then, Marion was supposed to be the new HC and on the day it was supposed to be announced, it falls apart. Later that day, Akhkari gets a UNLV offer.

And some people will still not see the correlation lol.

I'd like to see him split opposite of Ricky White.

In the event White leaves he's a decent stop gap. In that scenario, you'd still be looking to upgrade the #2 spot pushing De Jesus to the #3.

It's like the NFL would be with continuous unrestricted free agency. Somehow College Football has to figure a way to control it or the game will be so changed to be hard to recognize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT