ADVERTISEMENT

Whats going on at Mich St?

Coaching change, they fired Tucker and hired Smith from Oregon State. I would imagine he's going to retain some of those guys, and lose a bunch.
OSU just got 1000% stronger if Tucker is the coach, IMO.

Nobody is hiring Mel Tucker right now with his allegations. MSU is terminating him for cause which means no owed money. MSU hired Jonathan Smith to replace Tucker from Oregon State.
Smith is a slow grower type. I hope they are patience with him. He is an anti-Odom type of coach.

Crazy because that is a program that when run right could be top 10ish.
I think they will with rare exception be a lower tier team. They will never be at the level of Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan! Nebraska has learned the hard way that those three schools are typically at another level than most schools!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I think they will with rare exception be a lower tier team. They will never be at the level of Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan! Nebraska has learned the hard way that those three schools are typically at another level than most schools!

Michigan or Ohio State, probably not. Penn State I could see with the right guy.

I look at jobs like Indiana, Northwestern, even Illinois, as lower tier P4 jobs.

I think Michigan State has the potential to be better than those schools.

You're right about the Michigan/Ohio State thing.

Dantoni had them up in the top ten quite a few times and contending for conference titles.

But again it would take the right guy.

Michigan or Ohio State, probably not. Penn State I could see with the right guy.

I look at jobs like Indiana, Northwestern, even Illinois, as lower tier P4 jobs.

I think Michigan State has the potential to be better than those schools.

You're right about the Michigan/Ohio State thing.

Dantoni had them up in the top ten quite a few times and contending for conference titles.

But again it would take the right guy.
Nebraska hasn't had a winning season since 2016, when they were in the Big12 they with a few exceptions won 9 or more games almost every year. I look at this conference and wonder how much worse it will be for USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington as well as the impact on the mid level and lower teams in the Big10? With 18 teams in that conference, I can see even more teams being lucky to even have a winning record with the top of the Pac12 joining the Big10. While I see it being a big hit on teams like Michigan State, I can also see UCLA being at the bottom of the conference year in and year out.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Nebraska hasn't had a winning season since 2016, when they were in the Big12 they with a few exceptions won 9 or more games almost every year. I look at this conference and wonder how much worse it will be for USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington as well as the impact on the mid level and lower teams in the Big10? With 18 teams in that conference, I can see even more teams being lucky to even have a winning record with the top of the Pac12 joining the Big10. While I see it being a big hit on teams like Michigan State, I can also see UCLA being at the bottom of the conference year in and year out.

Totally fair point.

I just think it's a big enough state (population/recruiting) and they have enough resources it could be a decent job.

The addition of the PAC teams will definitely have an impact.

Hard to say how that plays out..

You could be right.

I just think there's still some potential upside with that job.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Totally fair point.

I just think it's a big enough state (population/recruiting) and they have enough resources it could be a decent job.

The addition of the PAC teams will definitely have an impact.

Hard to say how that plays out..

You could be right.

I just think there's still some potential upside with that job.
After over 3 decades of UNLV mostly being at the bottom of the conference, anything can happen.

Agree. Big 10 jobs outside USC, Ohio St. Michigan, Penn St. Are jobs you go to and get a paycheck and hope the fan base and AD are happy with bowl games. The travel is going to be rough, recruiting against each other knowing that your opponents are going to also recruit your roster for talent each off-season...

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT