ADVERTISEMENT

Tim chambers....

blacklistedreb

Walk On
Sep 28, 2010
..has done more for Rebel baseball in 24hrs, than fatass buddy accomplished his whole career! With all the local talent in this area we should be a top school every year!! I would love to have Nebraska in my travel plans every year. Let's support this team, games are great!.

They've already amassed more than half the number of stolen bases from all of last year. Naturally, Chambers has his kids playing the game the right way...agressively

Actually, they just about have all of last years stolen bases.

2011: 27 stolen on 38 attempts (10 games)

2010: 31 stolen on 44 attempts (58 games)

The bad statistic is that opponents this year are 16 of 17. We've only thrown out 1 runner.

All 3 of our catchers are juniors, two of which have the first name Remington, what are the odds???

Starter and the best of the 3 is Ryan Scott, he's got a great bat but is suffering on throwing out people. It's really a trade off.

I know we have a couple of young pitchers, are the runners stealing Off the pitchers or the catchers not throwing them out? At 16-17 I bet they are swipping a lot of those bases off the pitchers.

Of course I always blame the pitcher and look out for catchers :)
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

It's probably a combination of both. Pitchers' are slow to react or not holding runners enough. Catchers are obviously taking too long to release throws, although arm strength may be a question mark.

I just love how the offense is taking off on any ball remotely close to the dirt aside from straight stealing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT