ADVERTISEMENT

This is not going 2 $ tickets.

Look at that crappy font in the background.Should have old school lettering.

Why wouldnt you wait to post this till after you sign a big recruit or something.. Make it exciting with DTJ and Rob highlights and then a message from Kruger.. This is pretty flat

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Why wouldnt you wait to post this till after you sign a big recruit or something.. Make it exciting with DTJ and Rob highlights and then a message from Kruger.. This is pretty flat
It would've been more entertaining if they filmed it first thing in the morning right after he woke up. No make up, no changing clothes, no combing his hair, just raw footage with a bright light shining in his face as he does his pitch.

Boring video but he could have acted like Crazy Willie while his hair was on fire, it’s not going to move tickets.

So boring doesn’t matter, exciting doesn’t matter. Winning does.
There are some people out there that just have IT. Winning does help ,but Have u seen the better coaches talk? They draw in their audience and players tend to listen( RICE opposite) and play harder. There is a reason why some coaches can recruit better than others. CKK is not selling many tickets to any motivation seminars. Analogy: look at Pawn Stars early on shows. Chum lee and Cory are night and day difference in confidence from how they acted in the beginning of the show and now!

There are some people out there that just have IT. Winning does help ,but Have u seen the better coaches talk? They draw in their audience and players tend to listen( RICE opposite) and play harder. There is a reason why some coaches can recruit better than others. CKK is not selling many tickets to any motivation seminars. Analogy: look at Pawn Stars early on shows. Chum lee and Cory are night and day difference in confidence from how they acted in the beginning of the show and now!
Calipari has it in excess. The man has the WV gift of gab (if you know, you know).

I think the last charismatic/gift of gab coach we had was Bayno and he was able to get an interesting cast of characters on the team. While not the Tark era glory squads. They were unique in their own right and still remember those guys.

I think the last charismatic/gift of gab coach we had was Bayno and he was able to get an interesting cast of characters on the team. While not the Tark era glory squads. They were unique in their own right and still remember those guys.
Bayno certainly fit that mold and it’s funny … when he acted as he did …. into it, animated … working the refs … I recall many of our fans here in the site hating it because they felt it was a lack of control and the team played in the same manner on the court ….

I admit I do like to see fire on the sidelines, but that’s a personal preference … I don’t think it correlates to “how much you care” or “your ability to motivate” or success. So how they act on the sidelines … to me it’s whatever … be bland, be out of control … do you win?

We assume so much based on the on court personality, how they are in the locker room, whether players respect them, etc. But they’re just that, assumptions. And they’re frequently wrong.

I’ll freely admit I’ve done the same thing with Odom, for example. I see him calm, cool, collected, poised on the sideline and I think it transferred to the team to a large degree and it was a large portion of our success. But I could be flat out wrong, too. I’ll assume I’m right because it’s the most logical explanation in my mind, until I learn differently, but In the end, it’s about the results … it’s not how you play the game it’s if you win or lose ….

Bayno certainly fit that mold and it’s funny … when he acted as he did …. into it, animated … working the refs … I recall many of our fans here in the site hating it because they felt it was a lack of control and the team played in the same manner on the court ….

I admit I do like to see fire on the sidelines, but that’s a personal preference … I don’t think it correlates to “how much you care” or “your ability to motivate” or success. So how they act on the sidelines … to me it’s whatever … be bland, be out of control … do you win?

We assume so much based on the on court personality, how they are in the locker room, whether players respect them, etc. But they’re just that, assumptions. And they’re frequently wrong.

I’ll freely admit I’ve done the same thing with Odom, for example. I see him calm, cool, collected, poised on the sideline and I think it transferred to the team to a large degree and it was a large portion of our success. But I could be flat out wrong, too. I’ll assume I’m right because it’s the most logical explanation in my mind, until I learn differently, but In the end, it’s about the results … it’s not how you play the game it’s if you win or lose ….
That's the assistants coach job to get animated in FB. "IMO".LOL. in BB most not ALL of the better HC our animated. It's only 5 players. That's why some coaches intentionally get Td up . Fire up team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT