ADVERTISEMENT

There's a Hey Reb

I think its David Tate Jr, LB out of Edison High school. Solid player. Hopefully with his commit we can grab his teammate Leevel Tatum DL. Kid is a beast.

Really want to see a commit from a DE (preferably JUCO). I imagine the coaches are holding a spot or 2 for that position.

Yeah I think it is David Tate Jr. 3* recruit with offers from, Colorado, CSU, Fresno State and Utah State.

If its him very nice get.

Like Buck mentioned, could be a package deal to get Tatum as well.

Reactions: tomrut
Timeline
See All 6 Entries
Jan 22
5_13886.gif

O. Visit

Armani Rogers officially visits Fresno State Bulldogs

Jan 16
5_13861.gif

O. Visit
Armani Rogers officially visits UNLV Runnin' Rebels

Nov 20
5_13861.gif

Leaders
Armani Rogers said UNLV leads.

Well, we should all know come, say, Tuesday (the 26th) where he will continue his career based on his statement. I'm optimistic.

Is he a basketball player?
No 3* HS QB recruit from California. Was a Cal commitment. Ranked #14 dual threat QB prospect in the country. Would be a massive get for the school. Could sit behind Stanton for a year or two. Take over as 20 year old red shirt sophomore.

I think its David Tate Jr, LB out of Edison High school. Solid player. Hopefully with his commit we can grab his teammate Leevel Tatum DL. Kid is a beast.

Really want to see a commit from a DE (preferably JUCO). I imagine the coaches are holding a spot or 2 for that position.
Looks like you called it on this one. Very nice.

http://m.hudl.com/athlete/2650817/emmanuel-fesili

Check out the video of Emmanual Fesili. If we get this guy we're getting a beast! He sheds blockers well and gets into the backfield.

1 word to describe him. Disruptive.

There was a tweet from one of the kids I think Tate, asking him to come to UNLV. I know staff had been looking at him.

For a dude that runs a reported 5.9 40 (which is a little slow even for DTs) he seems to move around well for a kid 300lbs.

1 word to describe him. Disruptive.

There was a tweet from one of the kids I think Tate, asking him to come to UNLV. I know staff had been looking at him.

For a dude that runs a reported 5.9 40 (which is a little slow even for DTs) he seems to move around well for a kid 300lbs.
So he won't be running fumbles back 80 yards for touchdown, but if he can run three steps to blow up a play I want to see him in scarlet and grey.

I don't place a lot into 40 times for big guys like that. He's quick where it counts (his reaction). 40 times can be improved. He's a guy I hope they redshirt. He's going to be a beast at the d1 game.

So he won't be running fumbles back 80 yards for touchdown, but if he can run three steps to blow up a play I want to see him in scarlet and grey.

There was some sarcasm in that post. I had a small debate with another poster during recruiting last year where 40 times came up about a particular linemen.

I am with you on 40 times for linemen, they are pretty insignificant. If this dude is having to run 40 yards to tackle anybody we have some issues.

I like this kid a lot and hope we land him.

Last edited:
I don't place a lot into 40 times for big guys like that. He's quick where it counts (his reaction). 40 times can be improved. He's a guy I hope they redshirt. He's going to be a beast at the d1 game.

Between he and Tatum I think Fesili physically looks more ready now. Sounds weird to say but Tatum is 'only' listed at 270, which I think would put him at defensive end on normal downs and then kick inside in long yardage situations. He is a real interesting kid though and can offer some flexibilty along the line down the road.

I agree though, I would love for the production along the defensive line to be good enough that we can red shirt any defensive linemen we bring in this year besides JC guys.

Between he and Tatum I think Fesili physically looks more ready now. Sounds weird to say but Tatum is 'only' listed at 270, which I think would put him at defensive end on normal downs and then kick inside in long yardage situations. He is a real interesting kid though and can offer some flexibilty along the line down the road.

I agree though, I would love for the production along the defensive line to be good enough that we can red shirt any defensive linemen we bring in this year besides JC guys.

Tatum as a freshman kind of fits physically where Sanitoa was as a senior. I know its too soon to compare them. Tatum has the same two options as Xzavier Campbell, either get faster or get bigger. I guess its up to him to decide if he where on the line he wants to go.

Tatum as a freshman kind of fits physically where Sanitoa was as a senior. I know its too soon to compare them. Tatum has the same two options as Xzavier Campbell, either get faster or get bigger. I guess its up to him to decide if he where on the line he wants to go.

Yeah, it comes down to where the staff thinks he would be most effective.

Damn. I'm really sorry that I was wrong.
I don't mean to say that we lost out though. We're still in it with him.
Sorry about that. I won't do it again.

No need this is always a really fluid time of year.

Keep the info and predictions coming. You've been spot on thus far.

We are talking about 17-18 year olds, an age bracket usually not attributed to being easy to predict.

We appreciate (at least I know I do) any info surrounding the program.

I was told coaches have started following a local recruit on twitter we thought we had missed out on. Could be we are talking about the same player.

The fact we are still in the mix for a recruit is still positive.

Last edited:
Damn. I'm really sorry that I was wrong.
I don't mean to say that we lost out though. We're still in it with him.
Sorry about that. I won't do it again.
We've all missed with inside info. I got info from one of the old AD's and it ended up being wrong when the recruit changed his mind. If the AD misses then you're more than welcome to post what you believe to be 100% accurate info at the time.

I, for one, value your input to this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT