ADVERTISEMENT

The Rough-Ride is Over

TarkisGod

Lottery Pick
Dec 17, 2005
Well, this trial-by-fire of the past twelve days is finished. I find it encouraging that The Rebels saved their best ball for the end. They actually won the second half. That’s not to say that had Kansas not been comfortably ahead, the result would have been the same. But it should be noted that these blowouts got progressively smaller. That’s a positive point. And our guys played hard, despite the score. I’m proud of them.

No one that they meet in conference will have anywhere near the talent as these three teams. I don’t expect them to consistently win on the road, although they should be able to grab some of the low-hanging fruit @San Jose, and maybe Air Force. But I believe that they will be able to defend their home court against most of the visitors.

.500 in-conference should be considered a victory, just as finishing above the break-even point in non-conference play, considering the level of competition, is also a source of pride. Yes, it’s a deep tumble from previous (unmet) expectations, but we must accept where we are. So far, Marvin Menzies has my confidence, and my support, as he attempts to make our Rebels relevant again.

Go Rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT