ADVERTISEMENT

Thad Matta

Willden4UNLV

All Conference
Oct 16, 2014
If it's the case, what a dream come true. I can't imagine a better scenario for us than that man, excepting Pitino of course. That always had the ring of a pipe dream no matter what we heard.

Las Vegas Locally's tweet, albeit taken with the necessary grain of salt, was stated with the confident language that none of the other rumors over the past few months exhibited. That gets me cautiously optimistic that there is more substance to the notion than simple speculation. Let us hope.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
This is the same source as the Pitino rumor.
Yes, but all he said was that UNLV was talking with Pitino. And I think it is not much of a stretch to suggest that by 'UNLV' he might reasonably have meant UNLV boosters. That idea has been confirmed by many on the confidential board. So he wasn't incorrect in that statement.

If Thad's healthy and wants to coach again it's a home run hire. Thad has already turned down some "Power 5" offers so I'm a little skeptical about him really wanting the UNLV job. Thad Matta's name isn't as flashy as "Pitno" but he might be just as good of a coach and without a lot of Rick's baggage.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT