ADVERTISEMENT

Heading into last week

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I think a lot of people have been more worried about SJSU than AFA, and we all saw how intense the AFA game was.

I’m one of those. Was worried about AFA for sure … outside the in game officiating, a lot of things fell UNLV’s way. The injuries to AFA mainly, those were some key ones for them.

We haven’t wrapped up anything yet, not league wise. Yeah, I wish we were playing UNM or SDSU, but I really feel like we are playing in our toughest league game against SJSU. Don’t underestimate the game of Cordeiro. He’s the best QB in the MWC, legs and arm. Oh, I have confidence in the Rebels, but this game could go down to the wire.

A big part of me takes solace in that I’m sure we will be very well prepared with our game plan and any necessary adjustments - that’s not blind faith and hope, it’s been the evidence. No reason to doubt it now.

Another evidence thing that I won’t doubt … the players won’t be too up, they won’t be too down, and they’ll fight through situations with poise.

But there’s another quality team out there trying to make the very most of their season too, and they certainly have the ability to beat us. We are flying high right now …

It’s going to be crazy. I’ll be disappointed if we have less than 30k, hoping for 40k.

It’s going to be crazy. I’ll be disappointed if we have less than 30k, hoping for 40k.
Lower bowl doesn't hold 30k, think we had seen it is like 28k and change? So they'd have to get a good number advance to open it up.

Your post is spot on though. No doubt our guys will be prepared. And so will Brent Brennan's team. Everyone seemed to let their guard down for SJSU after they lost to Toledo in week 4 and then opened conference with AFA and BSU losses. Well, those are 2 of the 4 teams in the standings. The other teams SJSU lost to? USC and Oregon State. Toledo? They are 10-1.

That means sjsu is 6-5 with losses to

7-5 USC
8-3 Oregon State
10-1 Toledo
8-3 Air Force
6-5 BSU

And they are on a 5 game winning streak against UNM, USU, Hawaii, Fresno, and SDSU.

To me, its a benefit that SJSU got their bowl eligibility last night. Obviously their conference goals are ahead of them in our game next saturday, but not playing a team fighting to keep their bowl season alive helps.

Cordeiro is the most dangerous QB in this conference. He's smart. Good arm. Can take off and make something out of absolutely nothing. Should be a great game. But you know what sucks?

It's on the MOUNTAIN WEST NETWORK. Great for folks on this board and other die hards. But it sucks for big game exposure.

Yes this game will be tough I think we are susceptible to really good QB’s but have been fortunate that we haven’t had to face one in conference so this will be a test. I think it comes down to the wire but the staff will have them prepared and we pull it out.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Yes this game will be tough I think we are susceptible to really good QB’s but have been fortunate that we haven’t had to face one in conference so this will be a test. I think it comes down to the wire but the staff will have them prepared and we pull it out.
I like to leave it in until I am done. :)

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT