ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC Stupid is as stupid does

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Things old men do story. So..............

I'm headed into the Mandalay Bay parking garage to park for the Friday Wyoming game. There is a line for the Parking Ticket Machine but not too bad. When it's my turn I pull up and insert my "M-Life" parking card. The machine took my card but then spit it out hard enough that I missed it and it fell down to the pavement. The gate arm now opens. The problem is I'm parked so tight to the machine I can't open my door to retrieve my card on the pavement. So I pull forward enough to get the door open and the cars behind me start to blow their horns. I get out and realize the card has bounced well under my car. By now the cars are lined up about 20 deep behind me. I crawl under my car and finally retrieve my card. But this has taken so long the gate arm has now closed on the hood of my car. Now I reenter my card to get in but it won't work since the system thinks I've parked and need to leave in order to reenter. All hell is now breaking loose behind me. I press the call button , explain my issue and the attendant opens the gate to let me it.

What a night. So glad we won.

I'm headed into the Mandalay Bay parking garage to park for the Friday Wyoming game. There is a line for the Parking Ticket Machine but not too bad. When it's my turn I pull up and insert my "M-Life" parking card. The machine took my card but then spit it out hard enough that I missed it and it fell down to the pavement. The gate arm now opens. The problem is I'm parked so tight to the machine I can't open my door to retrieve my card on the pavement. So I pull forward enough to get the door open and the cars behind me start to blow their horns. I get out and realize the card has bounced well under my car. By now the cars are lined up about 20 deep behind me. I crawl under my car and finally retrieve my card. But this has taken so long the gate arm has now closed on the hood of my car. Now I reenter my card to get in but it won't work since the system thinks I've parked and need to leave in order to reenter. All hell is now breaking loose behind me. I press the call button , explain my issue and the attendant opens the gate to let me it.

Wow. Well told. I was able to picture every second of that.

It’ll happen to me at some point.

You belong in the Pantheon of great American story tellers like Cormac McCarthy and Fitzgerald.

Oh shit buddy. I stumbled across this post just now when Rivals showed "similar" threads to my CSU story. That is goddam hilarious. I can just picture that catastrophe! Had me laughing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT