ADVERTISEMENT

Spring practice

RedCannon

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2006
Austin, TX
Does anyone have any insight to how practice is progressing? From what I know it was closed to the public, but that’s never stopped peaking through a fence. I’m out of state, but was curious if someone knew how the competition is going and new players maybe making a splash. I guess we’ll know more with the spring game around the corner.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Also looking for any news.

Last season, UNLV was putting out spring practice stories daily. Guess this changed with the new staff.

So I guess we just wait until the spring game. I would like to know how the install process is going for the offense. Coach Marion did say it would be easy to pick up.

Curious - is alabama spring practice closed? …either way, as long as W’s stack up!… im Good!
#1- Cannon
#2- winning record
#3- bowl game
… I wish it was a different order… make it so….

Reactions: 220reb
Curious - is alabama spring practice closed? …either way, as long as W’s stack up!… im Good!
#1- Cannon
#2- winning record
#3- bowl game
… I wish it was a different order… make it so….
Not sure about bama but here at arkansas all practices are closed except for a 20 minute viewing period a few days a week. No injuries can be reported on by media in attendance is the main rule to keep the viewing periods open.

Not sure about bama but here at arkansas all practices are closed except for a 20 minute viewing period a few days a week. No injuries can be reported on by media in attendance is the main rule to keep the viewing periods open.

A lot of bigger schools seem to be that way. 20-30 minutes open (to press).

Both Hauck and Sanchez left full practices open to public. Arroyo ended that.

Reactions: AA Insider
A lot of bigger schools seem to be that way. 20-30 minutes open (to press).

Both Hauck and Sanchez left full practices open to public. Arroyo ended that.
Which kinda follows that pattern. Montana coach and then BGHS, so much smaller actual profiles (success aside, FCS and HS *are* smaller profiles) had more access for media and fans.

Meanwhile the guys from Oregon and SEC limited access.

No criticism of their choices. But it does concern me that we won't recognize many of the names in the fall since we haven't heard them in the spring.

I like reading the reports and hearing about the team in spring practice but as long as Odom can turn this around and get us winning he can close off spring practices or anything else he wants. I just want to see them win instead of being the nations joke of a team.

Not sure how much x's and o's is going on this early, but with new offensive and defensive philosophies, the less the general public knows about it the better in IMO

Seems like short viewing periods is more the norm. For us, it's entirely closed casket.

I regret to inform you there will be no daily practice updates like years past.

Kinds sucks.

On the bright side I won't have to field any questions about kickers and punters from Trip...
You're such a good analyst and reporter that we all need you to report all facets of the team. We all appreciate you unbiased report of all positions. We look forward to read your next report, sir.

Reactions: ckfitz
You're such a good analyst and reporter that we all need you to report all facets of the team. We all appreciate you unbiased report of all positions. We look forward to read your next report, sir.

I'll be at the Spring showcase. No practices unfortunately.

Also thanks appreciate the kind words.

Reactions: reagan21
Thursdays practice is open for the folks from arkansas coming into town for the sweet 16. Grab y’all a hog hat or t shirt and enjoy!
This soured me a bit. Why not open it to our fans instead of those from his old job? Is he hoping to get hired back there one day? (I’d fully understand if he’s keeping that pipeline open, just not happy that he’s opening them up for only his old employer’s fans).

This soured me a bit. Why not open it to our fans instead of those from his old job? Is he hoping to get hired back there one day? (I’d fully understand if he’s keeping that pipeline open, just not happy that he’s opening them up for only his old employer’s fans).
It is open to everyone. He just put that out there for Arkansas fans in town if they want to drop by. It wasn't a slight to our fans at all.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Where you been? What's new on the football front? Any word about the team? What about other recruits/transfers for next season?
I’ve still been coming and reading a few times a week. There will be some more movement when the 15 day transfer portal window opens may 1st. We will see how spring goes and what positions will need attention.

Spring practices - zero point in caring and never understood why.

Spring Game I'll get mildly interested in to see what's been going on.

Reactions: lvhiker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT