ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice 12

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Last day in pads before Saturday's annual Spring Game.

There was a lot of focus on situational football. Specifically redzone, inside the ten yard line and then 2 minute drills to end practice.

The defensive line saw a little bit of shuffling at the tackle spot. I think this was more about getting guys some work together not about any change in the depth chart.

Zach Singer took some reps at center. Singer could be the top backup at offensive guard as well as add depth at the center spot.

I try not to interject any personal feelings into these write ups. That said, I was happy to see walk-on linebacker Daniel Godfrey get some run with the 2nd/3rd team defense. Godfrey had an interception and tipped a pass. It was nice to see a player who never takes a play or drill off, not only get rewarded with some reps but respond with a couple nice plays.

Need to see shovels in the ground for the practice facility. Any idea how much more they need before they can turn some earth?

Sanchez just did a great radio spot and he said they had recruits texting the coaches about it , which is a great sign they are paying attention. Current Fr/RS Freshman will get to play there in 2020 and the incoming class will get 2 years so it will help immensely.

Also touched on P5 invite and brought up great points. Only school in the Conference with Engineering, Medical and Law schools. Facility upgrades and improved on field success will make us very attractive.

Need to see shovels in the ground for the practice facility. Any idea how much more they need before they can turn some earth?
Don't know if money raised lately, but heard it was still just under half that was needed? Other people here have more certainty than myself.

But this latest development, even though it was a high probability of happening, might help shake the bushes a bit.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I think there might be an update, announcement at the spring game regarding where they overall practice facility is at with Funding and breaking ground. Sanchez has eluded to more gifts being in place but no official announcements have been made (obviously).

Sanchez just did a great radio spot and he said they had recruits texting the coaches about it , which is a great sign they are paying attention. Current Fr/RS Freshman will get to play there in 2020 and the incoming class will get 2 years so it will help immensely.

Also touched on P5 invite and brought up great points. Only school in the Conference with Engineering, Medical and Law schools. Facility upgrades and improved on field success will make us very attractive.

You can throw Dental School in there as well.

Godfrey is pretty mobile for such a big dude. Good to see a guy bring the house every down, we need more of that fighting spirit. The "junkyard dog" mentality that Sanchez favors has done good for us so far.

Thank you for the right up.

Godfrey is pretty mobile for such a big dude. Good to see a guy bring the house every down, we need more of that fighting spirit. The "junkyard dog" mentality that Sanchez favors has done good for us so far.

Thank you for the right up.
The LB from Gorman definitely has this as well. I love the caliber and mentality of player we are attracting now. Imagine that it's only going to keep getting better.

I also feel the Practice Facility will be "going up" soon as I cannot see the Fertita's or any of these other people who have contributed having their names attached to a stalling project.

I also feel the Practice Facility will be "going up" soon as I cannot see the Fertita's or any of these other people who have contributed having their names attached to a stalling project.

Any coincidence if things start moving after TKM moves on in June?

Reactions: RebboBiscuit
The plan was to have the facility ready for use Winter work outs 2017/ Spring 2018 when it was originally announced. Not sure on if starting construction in June allows it to be ready for those times or the TKM factor.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I
The LB from Gorman definitely has this as well. I love the caliber and mentality of player we are attracting now. Imagine that it's only going to keep getting better.

At 5'8 220lbs it will be tough for Godfrey to get on the field (Although he is really good as the wedge on kick returns so he might see some special teams duty.)

Hester looks physically ready, but beating Keyes out might be tough..

I think there might be an update, announcement at the spring game regarding where they overall practice facility is at with Funding and breaking ground. Sanchez has eluded to more gifts being in place but no official announcements have been made (obviously).
Just had some Value Engineering approved on parts of the project. Good sign it's moving forward soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT