ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread SJSU at UNLV Game Thread

what a game. they may have an advantage since their offense has been better ever since the first quarter. lets go rebs

Damnit man. I fee like I got kicked in the ball twice with Mexico's goal in the 117th minute and that blocked field goal

Reactions: djmonje
We still have a long ways to go.
Maybe so but REMEMBER the Rebs were without their starting QB and still put this game in OT. These Rebels can still make some noise and this game is further evidence that they can compete in the MWC West.

I wonder what you were predicting before the season started.

The players gave it all they got. SJSU was just a better football team.

With Decker we win easy, period. I was expecting a loss with Palendork at qb. Hope decker heals quick to get back the reins next week.

If Palandech wouldve kept the ball on the read option when it was first down, he'd have had 100 yards more rushing...what can you do though with a "freshman" qb...lol... (um, I know they're bottom of the barrell, because they're calling a MW Network game, but how did those morons continually call Palandech a freshman all game long?!?!)....anyway, the play calling wasn't great all game long on O, and throw in the interceptions, that was it....defense did enough.

Reactions: gorebs97
I took unlv and the under..

On my way to the sports book and SJSU scores...

Over under was 50.

59 yarder holy shit. One helluva game. Team didn't give up, I approve.

And I disagree, Nantkes was our worst starting QB ever

I do see progress, but reality is this, we're 2-4, & the home crowd still hasn't seen us beat a FBS side yet.... I dont understand those that rip our fanbase....this is supposed to be entertainment....progress is a tough sell. The losses can have legitimate excuses, like not having our starting qb, but then we're stuck with simply touting progress as a reason to watch games.... SJSU isn't a bad team...but reality is, theyre not grear either. This game was needed to help the hype machine....it hurts not getting this one.... especially because its NOT a reflection on the job Sanchez has done, but simply how not having a backup hurts this team...hardly the current staffs fault, but it is their problem.

Emberrassing...maybe 15k in the stands after beating unr. What a great game. This is the most exciting rebel team I've seen in 15 years and all everybody here wants to do is talk crap about the quarterback.
Get your butts out to the dump that is the Silver Bowl and back these guys.

I took unlv and the under..

On my way to the sports book and SJSU scores...

Over under was 50.

59 yarder holy shit. One helluva game. Team didn't give up, I approve.

And I disagree, Nantkes was our worst starting QB ever
Nantkes bookies made him the worst QB ever...

I'm proud of these guys. That was a great game. A few plays go the other way we win. I'm not happy with our fans tho. Most left before the end of the 3rd quarter and some were leaving just as OT was starting. Wtf is that? Overall was a fun night and an exciting game. Big improvement from years past IMO.

Worse than Jerrod Jackson?
Absolutely not.

He's getting valuable experience, but the sooner Decker is ready, the better off the Rebels are. He doesn't make the best reads and he throws a very difficult to catch ball. And some of the decision making just isn't there yet.

He may be ok in time, but he's a ways off from helping with his arm. Rebels just don't have many options and it's unfortunate because they dropped one they coulda, shoulda, woulda won last night...

Absolutely not.

He's getting valuable experience, but the sooner Decker is ready, the better off the Rebels are. He doesn't make the best reads and he throws a very difficult to catch ball. And some of the decision making just isn't there yet.

He may be ok in time, but he's a ways off from helping with his arm. Rebels just don't have many options and it's unfortunate because they dropped one they coulda, shoulda, woulda won last night...
The Jerrod Jackson quip was more in response to somebody saying Nantkes was the worst.

I agree with your post though he struggles when forced to make quick decisions. He may not throw the prettiest pass but there were a few drops last night where the ball was there to be caught.

Also anybody get word on why Whitely did not play in the first half?

The Jerrod Jackson quip was more in response to somebody saying Nantkes was the worst.

I agree with your post though he struggles when forced to make quick decisions. He may not throw the prettiest pass but there were a few drops last night where the ball was there to be caught.

Also anybody get word on why Whitely did not play in the first half?
He played. He is the one who fumbled our first play from scrimmage (ruled down by contact). Pretty sure he had more runs after that, but I think there were ball security concerns.

Lol, I don't remember Jarrod Jackson..

Had to have been during the Horton or Jim Strong years

Jackson was there when Steichen was in school. Another QB who moved to safety then left the team.

Ohhhhh Steichen, he's gotta be up there.

Sucked that Hinds was shot after that knee injury.

All this bad QB play have me reminiscing about Jon Denton and senior year Caleb Herring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT