ADVERTISEMENT

SI: Jon Scheyer interviewed for the UNLV job last year

That would of been a great hire on Connections alone!
Who knows what would have happened if we did hire him. Would Coach K still retire? Would Scheyer still be his successor? Either way, I think he would have made an instant impact.

Who knows what would have happened if we did hire him. Would Coach K still retire? Would Scheyer still be his successor? Either way, I think he would have made an instant impact.
Lon must really wield a lot of power or Desiree is just that dumb and out of touch. Not good enough for UNLV one year and the HC at Duke the next. Wow.

Lon must really wield a lot of power or Desiree is just that dumb and out of touch. Not good enough for UNLV one year and the HC at Duke the next. Wow.

Lon is too Humble IMO so it must be 👉 " Desiree is just that dumb and out of touch " And her A.D. imposter syndrome! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Hoya
I don't know man, Coach K diciples have rarely panned out.

Sheyer getting the job is a testament to that. There is no Roy Williams killing it out there ready to take over after Dean Smith retired. (I know he didn't take over right away). He is pretty young and inexperienced for a job like that. But who else were they going to get? Bobby Hurley? ( Actually that makes much more sense)

Now Sheyer will have a really big opportunity to succeed being handed keys to a Ferrari with a pipeline to boot. Doesn't mean he will be successful, but he has a really good opportunity to do so.

Following a legend has it's own set of obstacles, but its a tough argument that say the UNLV would be "easier".

This is UNLV. If Sheyer came here and had a good year, he’d be gone back to Duke in a microsecond. And he was terrible, well no surprise, the curse continues. All in all, UNLV is in decent shape after a year of CKK. Now we wait to see i he can build one that promising start.

This is UNLV. If Sheyer came here and had a good year, he’d be gone back to Duke in a microsecond. And he was terrible, well no surprise, the curse continues. All in all, UNLV is in decent shape after a year of CKK. Now we wait to see i he can build one that promising start.
Well we could of had the stipulation of a 10-15 million buyout. So IF he did leave or they came a calling we would be set. That is on the pretense of him really believing that he was not sure when or IF he would get the DUKE job.

I have a feeling Coach K would have delayed his planned retirement or hired someone else. He didn't pick Tommy Amaker because he strayed from the nest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT