ADVERTISEMENT

See there is NIL money.

Rebel_Luv

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
We need to commit to winning first. Aces wins Knights win and viola money appears !

But would it be allowed for tax money to go towards NIL???

I guess the question is it even right that tax money is going towards professional sports athletes?
Good question, I would have to say that it probably wouldn’t. Not sure if that would have to be approved by the BOR

Reactions: LVRebel2000
No matter what the rules are the NCAA nor any other body will ever go back to trying to catch cheaters. This horse has left the barn. An occasional cheat will be unwittingly exposed and they’ll make a big deal of it before nothing happens after years. NIL unofficially ended amateur sports as we knew it. Basketball and football now but it will eventually trick down

Kate Martin, hit the Jackpot.
She, gets drafted to the BEST team in the WNBA.
Get's an additional $100K. Is, happy coming off the bench.
And, then you look at the #1 Pick Caitlyn Clark, who plays on the worst team in the WNBA.
Will, not make the playoffs.
She, doesn't look happy because Indiana Fever is absolutely terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: Meister_Rebel
And, then you look at the #1 Pick Caitlyn Clark, who plays on the worst team in the WNBA.
Should have stayed another year in colllege and use her entire eligibility.

Not only does she not look happy, she's being killed in the National conversation because the Fever are so bad. Its like people don't understand the #1 pick goes to the worse team.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
Not only does she not look happy, she's being killed in the National conversation because the Fever are so bad. Its like people don't understand the #1 pick goes to the worse team.
Exactly, Clark has a lot of pressure on her back.
It, takes time to bring cohesion to your team.
They, will probably get the #1 Draft Pick, next year again.

I think on the National level NIL is completely out of control. There is no entity with the will or power to enforce any of the original concepts.
See Lawsuit filed today by a QB who was promised 13 million from Florida and never set foot on campus...
Not sure how you collect on money if your agreement was canceled. Im sure the other end of the 13 million dollar promise had better legal representation prior to terminating the original agreement. But hey, NIL is silly money right?

That chick is a dude

Interesting situation with Clark.
I don't think she should have stayed another year. She already has all of the records, she was offered a very nice NIL package, but she is getting more as a pro given the endorsement deal she landed. It's hard to think that she would be able to better than she did this offseason.
It is not good for the WNBA that her current team is struggling. It should be expected, but there has been so much momentum with women's basketball at it's absolute peak coming off the women's tournament. All of the stars from this season, Clark had the most eyes.
WNBA needed to capitalize on this momentum. Having Clark on a bad team doesn't help keep the excitement of the WNBA. I think the interest for the WNBA will quickly fade back to pretty much where it has been, which isn't great. Which sucks for the league since it had this very unique situation where they could capitalize on this influx of eyeballs on the sport.
I'm sure that they have gained a few more fans that will stick around, but I don't think that the WNBA will have near the interest that college did last season, I also think that the college game will lose interest with so many big stars all moving on.
Curious what happen with the sport over the next few years.

• Wow
Reactions: RebelScrub
Interesting situation with Clark.
I don't think she should have stayed another year. She already has all of the records, she was offered a very nice NIL package, but she is getting more as a pro given the endorsement deal she landed. It's hard to think that she would be able to better than she did this offseason.
It is not good for the WNBA that her current team is struggling. It should be expected, but there has been so much momentum with women's basketball at it's absolute peak coming off the women's tournament. All of the stars from this season, Clark had the most eyes.
WNBA needed to capitalize on this momentum. Having Clark on a bad team doesn't help keep the excitement of the WNBA. I think the interest for the WNBA will quickly fade back to pretty much where it has been, which isn't great. Which sucks for the league since it had this very unique situation where they could capitalize on this influx of eyeballs on the sport.
I'm sure that they have gained a few more fans that will stick around, but I don't think that the WNBA will have near the interest that college did last season, I also think that the college game will lose interest with so many big stars all moving on.
Curious what happen with the sport over the next few years.
Wut..you get paid more in college than you do in the pros. I think I have fundamentally disagreed with every single one of your posts.

All the hags in the pros are chomping at the bit to get a piece of her. For what? Women are catty as hell. Always have been.

Bunch of old dike women who deep down inside, are miserable at a white girl that can shoot and is stealing the spotlight.

hell, Caitlyn might even be a bust down the line.

Because of NIL, I’m hoping to see women stay longer.

Meh..what the hell do I know, been watching UNLV Men’s basketball only and putting up with it.

Wut..you get paid more in college than you do in the pros. I think I have fundamentally disagreed with every single one of your posts.

All the hags in the pros are chomping at the bit to get a piece of her. For what? Women are catty as hell. Always have been.

Bunch of old dike women who deep down inside, are miserable at a white girl that can shoot and is stealing the spotlight.

hell, Caitlyn might even be a bust down the line.

Because of NIL, I’m hoping to see women stay longer.

Meh..what the hell do I know, been watching UNLV Men’s basketball only and putting up with it.
The word was that Iowa put together a 9 million NIL deal for her to stay in school next season.

She got 28 million from her Nike deal alone.

I think 28 > 9 last I checked.

It would be hard to increase her value in college if she returned. The college game had never been more popular last season which was mostly her, but other superstars contributed and most of them also moved on to the WNBA.

It is possible that the sport continues to grow, but there was some very special circumstances last season namely 4-5 superstars in the college game at once, so it is hard to predict if the game continues to grow beyond last season.

I don't think WNBA players gunning for her is unique to the women's game. We saw this in the NBA with Lebron, Kobe, and every other top young rookie that was labelled as the next big thing.

She is going to have to earn it at this next level like any sport.

Welcome to the big leagues.

With, the expansion of the WNBA. Eventually, going to 16 teams in 2028.
There, will be more good to great players sticking to an WNBA Roster, instead of being cut.
Which, is great for women's professional basketball.

I, will have to say the Indiana head coach, Christie Sides, is the worst one in the WNBA.
She, doesn't know how to free up Caitlin.

Thats one of the issues with being the first overall pick.. Usually you're going to a team thats bad and it takes more effort to make the team better than an independently owned organization can do. Especially one that's probably been operating on thin margins and whose roster isnt set up to be immediately competitive even with the impact of a player like Clark. It was the same for Lebron when he entered the league to Cleveland, they were bad for multiple years before he was able to turn them into a winning team and get talent around him to be a better team that could actually compete. They're just getting more eyes on the sport than ever before and bad play/teams make the product look bad as people tune in for first time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT