ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose St vs UNLV Valentines game

Considering there are 8 SRs on the team, that was already on the way. There's also not much of an incoming HS class inked to worry about. Thats part of why one could make a sound argument that changing head coaches wont affect the "team" as much this offseason.

That being said. It's frustrating to watch the cheap and easy path was taken by recruiting heavily from the portal. "Graduating guys" seemed to be what his introductory press conference was about- I guess that meant transfers from the portal.
Seems like we were all begging for a "build the right way" approach 2 years ago. Recruiting and playing young guys sprinkled with transfers that you could keep a core of guys together. Too late for that now, and there's going to be a lot of turnover the next few seasons with "win now" pressure to get that "right mix" of guys.
You gotta win now anyway. That would be my mindset upon taking any job.

Yeah but step back a bit. We are dealing with An 18 year old kid who doesn’t know any better. I wasn’t the most mature person when I was his age.

Hall probably has some vindication as the season has turned beyond bad.

So Kruger is in a bind. Play the guy or lose the guy. He’s the head coach..figure it out.
Doing that is way too immature. I agree that hes young and no one is perfect ever at any age. But these are his teammates. The people he sees everyday for almost the whole day and who he travels with and eats with.

Either way, hes gone.

And plus wasn't it the last AD that said we are a "win now" program?
That's supposedly why he was hired, to build on what TJO started based on his press conference, but TJO had really nice recruiting class coming in and KK did not. He also had to fill a somewhat empty roster around Bryce..
Still think most of us expected him to win but also build a solid foundation with mix of talented transfers and incoming freshman.. which had not been case.

That's supposedly why he was hired, to build on what TJO started based on his press conference, but TJO had really nice recruiting class coming in and KK did not. He also had to fill a somewhat empty roster around Bryce..
Still think most of us expected him to win but also build a solid foundation with mix of talented transfers and incoming freshman.. which had not been case.
I thought he'd need some time. But I didn't think he'd be in the crapper as bad as he is while he learned. I primarily expected we would get better, not regress.

Reactions: RebelSoldat
So transferring to a school closer to home with a better coach whose able to work him through whatever is in his head wouldn't fix that? I could see Mizzou, KState, Creighton all looking at a young guard that averages 14ppg where the team isn't a rebuild again...
Let him go. Thinks he’s a point guard and can’t dribble to save his life.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I feel really bad for KK and LK. Not that I excuse KK's bad recruiting, assistant choices and overall strategy. But I feel for anyone who is in a situation they aren't prepared for. Guaranteed he's sleepless, panicked and has no idea what to do. Two years ago he thinks his career is headed up like a rocket and now it's like a flooded submarine. Sad. And LK is watching his son slowly crumble in front of the entire basketball community. I know I'd be devastated if it was my son.
I get what your saying because Kevin is young enough where he is still making his way for personal success.

But that Golden parachute of 5 millions dollars guaranteed won’t leave him quite sleepless at night. That’s why I said he is simply committing highway robbery at this point. Before he’s done UNLV will have paid him a crap ton of money for zero 20 win seasons, zero recruiting battles won, and zero postseason tourneys.

Money aside, I completely get what your saying. But they did this to themselves. Lon highly influenced this decision IMHO. He’s in way over his head and was highly unqualified for the position. It’s really infuriating from the fan perspective if you really think about it.

I get what your saying because Kevin is young enough where he is still making his way for personal success.

But that Golden parachute of 5 millions dollars guaranteed won’t leave him quite sleepless at night. That’s why I said he is simply committing highway robbery at this point. Before he’s done UNLV will have paid him a crap ton of money for zero 20 win seasons, zero recruiting battles won, and zero postseason tourneys.

Money aside, I completely get what your saying. But they did this to themselves. Lon highly influenced this decision IMHO. He’s in way over his head and was highly unqualified for the position. It’s really infuriating from the fan perspective if you really think about it.
Exactly. The whole process was lazy and self preservation from DRF. She got burned publicly by TJO and ISU and her save face attempt to show she was in control was to hire unqualified Kevin and put a large buyout in place to keep him from getting poached. Everything about the process was terrible and honestly she personally set back both programs with terrible "personal" hires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT