ADVERTISEMENT

Really Happy

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Glad that Snead was given a shot and that he delivered. Bull will tell you I thought he should have gotten his opportunity last year. I think he had a lot to overcome since he wasn't recruited by the current staff and QB is a position that a staff brings in to fit their program blue print.

I know that last night we were determined to run the ball come hell or high water but sometimes it has me scratching my head when 1st & 2'nd downs are both runs, series after series, straight up the middle with Thomas who was going nowhere last night. That was leaving Sneed in a predictable passing situation time after time.

Hoping that we do open in up a little bit and give the team more of a 2 dimensional look. Two times we took a shot down the field, one for a touchdown and the other to Boyd which eventually set up a field goal. Speaking of Boyd, I can't remember if he has caught a pass since the 1'st game and he had several nice catches last night.

With more and more of the WR's going down we will hopefully get to see what Cui can do. He could really go off for a big game as he was one of Sneed's favorite targets during Fall Camp. I don't know if we have any receivers we were hoping to red shirt sitting on the sideline that might get called up.

All that said the Rebels accomplished what they wanted last night. They got the win. The got Sneed's 1st game under his belt. The defense played much better [DB's still need work). Lots of exciting plays. Only downside is injuries to the receivers. Next Man Up!

Go Rebels!

I am kinda thinking we should get Lex into the slot so that we have our 2 best playmakers on the field more often. But yeah, there might be a need for him there once Stanton is healthy.

Reactions: Kswoll
Get Palandach on the field. Let him play WR.

I keep hearing this. A couple local guys were pushing this narrative on the radio.

Yes Palandech possess good straight line speed. However....

1) Can he catch?
2) Can he run routes?
3) Does he want to play WR?
4) With Stanton out for another 4 weeks do we want our #2 QB to be an untested true freshman? Do we want to possibly blow his redshirt so he can play in one or two games?
5) Even with the Woods injury, Palandech would project as probably the 4th or 5th receiver. Stevenson, Presely when he returns would be ahead of him and probably Trosclair.

I am not saying he can't play WR but just because a dude can run fast doesn't mean that he can play that position. If that were the case all those fast CBs would be WRs.

@Pistol Pete 1 your man Cui may start seeing more time.

Its true he and Sneed did seem like they had a connection.

I like the idea of having both Williams and Thomas on the field at the same time in certain packages.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Cui made a block during that record breaking run. Him and price were beating up their guys when Sneed blew through around the 40-50. Little man can tangle.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Cui was in there a bunch against FSU. I don't think he was ever targeted, although there was one play where Sneed may have been trying to go to him, and Cui broke a different direction, resulting in a wild-looking incomplete pass. While he wasn't targeted, he did seem to have a connection with Sneed. On numerous occasions, Cui appeared to be calling out blitzes and coverages to Sneed pre-snap. I hope he gets to catch a few balls. He showed some great hands and nice speed in camp. I've said before I feel like he could turn into a reliable Maika Mata-Ele type receiver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT