ADVERTISEMENT

Press conference

Those OSU linebackers are a disgrace. Good lord they took themselves out of every play on that highlight reel.
OSU as a school pride themselves as an academic school. Their study body tell a different story. I know that CBO glorify their size and speed. They looks extremely malnourished to me. They fly all over the place but they looks confused against Reno. Hajj feet needs to be active in this game to keep our defense rested. Not going to happen though, our boys Catalon and Woodard want that TO.

The best part of Odom is how he speaks about building a program and expectations for the future. I think he is happy and wants to be here, so UNLV needs to do whatever it takes to make sure he is year for the long run. We finally got it right in football!

The best part of Odom is how he speaks about building a program and expectations for the future. I think he is happy and wants to be here, so UNLV needs to do whatever it takes to make sure he is year for the long run. We finally got it right in football!
He is the type of coach that can turn UNLV into a dynasty in the same way as past coaches did at Boise State.

He is the type of coach that can turn UNLV into a dynasty in the same way as past coaches did at Boise State.
Absolutely. The big question is, does he want to be here for that. He can definitely make more money elsewhere, but you do get to an age or a point in life when it's not just about the money. If this year ends the way most of us hope, he'll likely have to make the choice as to where he stands. Yes, the school/boosters can bump him up, but if a P4 school offers him $6+ million per year, UNLV can't compete with those types of offers monetarily.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Absolutely. The big question is, does he want to be here for that. He can definitely make more money elsewhere, but you do get to an age or a point in life when it's not just about the money. If this year ends the way most of us hope, he'll likely have to make the choice as to where he stands. Yes, the school/boosters can bump him up, but if a P4 school offers him $6+ million per year, UNLV can't compete with those types of offers monetarily.
UNLV boosters may or may not be able to stretch out to $6 million a year, which would be a huge and expensive coach, but if one of the top 30 schools wanted him, I am sure they could even push up closer to $10 million which is way beyond what the boosters could find for UNLV. Most likely we are looking at a boost that puts coach Odom near the $3 million range per year based on the season finishing the way we all hope, and then hope he wants to stay for reasons other than cash.

I dont think he will chase the top dollar deal but he UNLV will need to get him up to the $3mill plus more money for assistants to keep him.
If he does chase the top dollar deal when we extend him to $3mil the buy out will go up to and give us a better chance at his replacement.

One thing about Coach Tark, he never ever complain about his earning. The man love his town and lifestyle in this city. I have no doubt that UNLV would have been in the power conference if he was still at UNLV beyond 1992. The question was asked in another post, how much do you think Coach Tark would have made per year. He would be the highest paid college regardless of conference. His marketabilities was off the chart.
CBO is just started. He is already involves in the bull riding and he is going to be the grand Marshall of NASCAR or something like that this year. The man is getting notoriety in Vegas. Only been here for two years. Would be crazy if he wouldn't consider staying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT