ADVERTISEMENT

Portland, OR trip vs Ducks Dec 17 ?

UNLVPatriot

All Conference
Sep 9, 2011
Anyone planning to go to Portland for the game versus Oregon on December 17 ?

I remember we played Oregon 3-4 years ago and posters here raving about the city and how it was a good a nice city to visit.

I've never been to Portland before. If I fly out for the game and make a weekend out of it in the downtown Portland area, what are your thoughts on that ? Any tips ? Hows the city other than its green/clean and has a lot of craft beers ?

I was at that University of Portland game. I'm tentative on going this year right now. Trying to make it work.

The downtown area is pretty nice. Try out all the food trucks, the bars, etc. breweries galore, and lots of shops. Uber is good as well to get around, but many things are pretty close together.

Went to school there. You'll like the scenery. Dont forget to visit NW 23 street for all the best restaurants/bars. I havent been there since 2004, so things may have changed a lot. McMinnamin (sp) bars are very nice. Each one is very unique.

Having lived here for 9 years now, skip downtown. It's pointless, cept for the driftwood room. Stick to the east side. Way more chill, way cheaper. The weather will be garbage for sure, so either bring a raincoat or deal with being soggy. Oregonian college ball fans are incredibly annoying and although their recent success warrants it, their mascot is still Donald Duck and that will always be true. At least Walt Disney created a mascot for Arizona state. Ummmm the moda center is a decent basketball venue. Colorado makes better beer than Oregon. The weed is tight and moderately priced. The food is beyond overrated. I still think vegas doesn't know how good they have it on the food front. AVOID THE PIZZA. It's all garbage. I promise that. Actually, I'll give a shout out to Sparkys. It's not bad. But there were once places called 5$ pizza in Vegas that made better pizza than anyone in this city. In the past couple of years, everything that was loved about this city has been demolished and replaced with garbage product that has great marketing thus making it look great. Don't be fooled. It's mostly overpriced crap. If you want some detail about coming here and seeing what the city is about, not voodoo donuts and salt and straw junk, let me know what you're looking for. Either way, I'll be at the game.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Tickets for this game go on sale Oct 14th by the way. I'm going to set a calendar reminder

I live in Portland now, great city, great food. Will only make it too a few games this year for the basketball team, this will definitely be one of them.

Hopefully we don't get killed too badly!

Anyone planning to go to Portland for the game versus Oregon on December 17 ?

I remember we played Oregon 3-4 years ago and posters here raving about the city and how it was a good a nice city to visit.

I've never been to Portland before. If I fly out for the game and make a weekend out of it in the downtown Portland area, what are your thoughts on that ? Any tips ? Hows the city other than its green/clean and has a lot of craft beers ?

That is the same day as CBS Sports Classic at T-Mobile. Kentucky vs North Car. Ohio St vs UCLA. Good day for hoops

Tickets are purchased. I've never attended a unlv loss, so considering this to be my first, I'm hoping to pregame a bit. Gonna go see rogue one earlier in the day but if anyone is around and wants to fk off before the game, let it be known. Can't think of any bars in the vicinity that are any good. Spirit of 77 is pretty dorky but they have pop a shots and a decent beer selection.

I heard Portland is the stripper capital of the world.

Any truth to that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT