ADVERTISEMENT

Polian Out

rorebel24

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
Vegas
looks like he is out. He did not get the Carter treatment after beating UNLV.

Polian was the Special Teams Coordinator at Texas A&M before taking the UNR head job. He was a quality assistant coach. Maybe Sanchez can replace Coach LaRussa with Polian.

Unless Ault walks through that door... that team up North is mediocre without Ault... I don't know who they think that they can get when they spend peanuts on their football team. I haven't seen any coaching lists yet on who they might target...

CRhodes

I was one who thought Sanchez was the worst hire UNLV could make, and I don't see this great improvement most people are claiming in fact I think our defense is the worst it has ever been, but firing him right now is probably the worst thing you could do for the program. Let's just send the message to any future coach who might be interested that you have two years to be a top football program or your gone. Are we thinking we are on the same level of Michigan, Notre Dame or USC where coaches are lining up for a chance? We need to give Sanchez 5 years then if he hasn't made significant improvement move on. for now he has my full support even if he gets land blasted by UNR.

They might have the cannon, but I still think UNLV is trending upwards and UNR isn't.
I was thinking so, too. I've softened on that. Aside from the Idaho game, there were at least a couple of complete halves of non-interest and no urgency... and then we have Saturday where it looked like a 60 man hangover.

That's a good percentage of the season of not giving a crap. It leaves me questioning some things, things I didn't think I'd have to question.

Hopefully, it's a bunch of seniors and JR's not recruited by Sanchez that had issues and we are ridding of them.

I had us pegged for 6 wins, figured UNR and Idaho for sure. This season was worse than I thought it'd be.

Still, I think Sanchez has got a certain thing. There's some things about him that I really like and I believe in him more than I thought I would. If not for complete no shows in about 6 halves, I'd be a lot more confident. I do think he has to hit .500 next season otherwise it'll get pretty hot. Let's hope Rogers is the answer to a big portion of the woes.

My heavens millennials are nuts. It wasn't a disaster by any means, 5 wins was the total I wagered on and I thought it would come down to the UNR game unfortunately the boys were decimated by injuries.
I like the recruiting, new facilities and the Coach. TS is the guy more so than outsiders. We're one Qb away from relevance in our own conference. I don't live in Vegas anymore but when I did I was at games I don't know if I've seen the bounce in fan participation, winning will change that hopefully.
I think TS will take a hard look at his staff this off season I don't know if there'll be changes but I'm quite sure there'll be ultimatums set forth.
Stay the course improve every year no easy task to right the ship after so many years of neglect.

My heavens millennials are nuts. It wasn't a disaster by any means, 5 wins was the total I wagered on and I thought it would come down to the UNR game unfortunately the boys were decimated by injuries.
I like the recruiting, new facilities and the Coach. TS is the guy more so than outsiders. We're one Qb away from relevance in our own conference. I don't live in Vegas anymore but when I did I was at games I don't know if I've seen the bounce in fan participation, winning will change that hopefully.
I think TS will take a hard look at his staff this off season I don't know if there'll be changes but I'm quite sure there'll be ultimatums set forth.
Stay the course improve every year no easy task to right the ship after so many years of neglect.

Exactly how I feel. People are plain nuts on this board.

UNLV football has only done nothing but progress forward since Coach Sanchez' arrival--already winning more games, recruiting stronger than ever, and hauling in record-setting money donations to build a game-changing campus facility. But hey, let's get rid of this coach, right? smh

This program was on life support when Coach Hauck was fired.

Inconsistency is part of teaching a lifelong losing culture how to compete and win. It's a painful process but that's precisely what is occurring at UNLV. The Rebels beat 1st place Wyoming but lost to UNR. That volatility is part of the transformation.

I'm confident the Year 3 edition of UNLV football will be tougher than Year 2's edition. Give it time.

Injuries this season were staggering which didn't help. Let Sanchez do his job because he knows what he's doing. He's well aware of the weak areas that need fixing, but you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Last edited:
Sanchez is trying to fix 30 years of neglect. Its a process. Facility is a very good start to making UNLV relevant again. 4-6 wins was pretty much where I thought we would be. Bowl game by 3rd or bust.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT