ADVERTISEMENT

Please fire

No. If one of our coordinators is going it is Cotton. We play so vanilla it makes me wanna freakin puke. And this is not only a reaction to this game, but many others. We aren't Nebraska.

Reactions: s89103
How many shots down the field did Idaho take tonight? Us?

And don't tell me that Stanton is throwing picks and long throws would have resulted in more. No. Stanton's picks came from linebackers over the middle as JS was trying to get the ball into tight windows. Why not take some shots down the field? I believe we have the best (or one of the best) receivers in the conference, right? Let's use him on outs and hitches all night. Good idea.

But you're right, Baer has disappointed as well. Our 3rd down defense has been atrocious. 3rd and 20 and you give up 18 to put them in FG range? 3rd and 10 and you give them 8.5 to make it an easy 4th down attempt? I know we had a few sacks this game, but in general, we had ZERO pressure on the QB. And why is it that when we bring blitzers, it takes 5 seconds for them to get to the QB? Even when they're unblocked, it seems like the QB has plenty of time to make a read and throw to an open guy.

I know we had a few sacks this game, but in general, we had ZERO pressure on the QB. And why is it that when we bring blitzers, it takes 5 seconds for them to get to the QB? Even when they're unblocked, it seems like the QB has plenty of time to make a read and throw to an open guy.

THIS. Seriously, we make every team's o-line we play against look like the Cowboys o-line. If we can't pressure IDAHO'S QB, who in the hell's QB CAN we pressure? It's disgusting.

Stanton threw a pick 6 and another one giving Idaho a short field that lead to a 2nd score.

There is no such thing as a timely turnover, but you absolutely cannot turn the ball over inside your own 20 or the redzone.

I try to be as objective as possible. Sometimes defenders make a play, Qb makes the right read but the defender makes a great play, it happens. However Stanton threw two inexcusable interceptions.

This is on him..

But you're right, Baer has disappointed as well. Our 3rd down defense has been atrocious. 3rd and 20 and you give up 18 to put them in FG range? 3rd and 10 and you give them 8.5 to make it an easy 4th down attempt? I know we had a few sacks this game, but in general, we had ZERO pressure on the QB. And why is it that when we bring blitzers, it takes 5 seconds for them to get to the QB? Even when they're unblocked, it seems like the QB has plenty of time to make a read and throw to an open guy.

I went to every Spring practice, I knew the pass rush wouldn't be great, but I expected better than this...

Reactions: RebelinWA
Tonight was disgusting. We had issues stopping the run, and issues stopping the pass. I don't know what our identity is, and I don't think the Rebels do either. Yes, talent is better than in past years and I do feel like we are moving in the right direction, but we still need to grow. I hope these are just growing pains.

Nice forced fumble though.

Reactions: HONESTDISAGREEMENT
I propose a trade:

The Rebels trade Barney Cotton to the Vandals for Kris Cinkovich.

Switch those coaches and we win the game tonight. With inferior talent, Cink found severe weaknesses in our defense (deep ball, no pressure, slow pressure, LBs that can't cover middle routes in zone coverage) and exploited us time after time after time. The Rebels on the other hand could never find a consistent groove on offense, and aside from a few big plays, struggled mightily with better athletes.

Watch our LBs when they blitz...they don't pick holes to run through to get to the QB. Instead they continuously run into the back of our DL. How many times have I watch the lineman stunt making a hole cuz 2 o-lineman go with him only to see the LB run up into his back! WTF? Go through the hole left there by your lineman dummy!! Watching us blitz is like watching the Keystone Cops...

It is hard to take seriously any post that begins with please fire, this early on in the season. I still believe in our coaching staff. I think there is a lot of work to do with these kids in executing. I can only believe that the coaches know the limitations and possibilities of their players when calling the plays. Check back with me in a few games, I may be wrong.

The one thing that stands out to me when watching the defense is that they react slowly to the ball being snapped. It seems like a full second before they react.

Reactions: RebelBuzz
It is hard to take seriously any post that begins with please fire, this early on in the season. I still believe in our coaching staff. I think there is a lot of work to do with these kids in executing. I can only believe that the coaches know the limitations and possibilities of their players when calling the plays. Check back with me in a few games, I may be wrong.
I appreciate this level-headed approach, and patience is probably the right way to go. But I have seen some persistent issues with playcalling on both sides of the ball that make me wonder. I trust Coach Sanchez to do the right thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT