ADVERTISEMENT

Peterson and Orgeron possibly per LVRJ

Chalk up the 10 bucks for Rebel-Net..

We have the inside information!!

If it is not a big name coach, then why get rid of the existing FB coach. I worry that the AD has an ego and just wants a coach that he picked whether they are a good pick or not. I hope that the search isn't falling flat on its face?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Because the existing coach was (as one booster told me) “the most arrogant losing coach in the country.” He lost 6 games in a row and one to Hawaii. I’ve said he deserved 1 more season but when it’s clear someone is not going to win it’s time to move on.

Because the existing coach was (as one booster told me) “the most arrogant losing coach in the country.” He lost 6 games in a row and one to Hawaii. I’ve said he deserved 1 more season but when it’s clear someone is not going to win it’s time to move on.
So he's confident in abilities but the booster doesn't agree and Harper goes with it? Arroyo's second season was marred by 1 score lost. So was his second season. The dude was 4-1, albeit weaker schedule but exciting brand when Brum was playing. That last Drum's injury what broke it. I could be wrong and I am wrong many times dammit.

It is clear Arroyo was not the guy. This was not a case of the boosters asking him to be removed. Apparently Arroyo was told it was Bowl or bust with this year’s easy schedule. He didn’t make a bowl and lost to Hawaii. It shouldn’t have been a surprise to Arroyo that he was let go.

It is clear Arroyo was not the guy. This was not a case of the boosters asking him to be removed. Apparently Arroyo was told it was Bowl or bust with this year’s easy schedule. He didn’t make a bowl and lost to Hawaii. It shouldn’t have been a surprise to Arroyo that he was let go.
The injuries and back end of the gruelling schedule made no difference. Got it. People at UNLV understood sports and football.

They lost to the 3rd worst team in the NCAA with a bowl game on the line. Came out flat. The offense looked horribly underprepared after Brumfield went down. Arroyo wasn’t going to win here, 2023 schedule is a lot tougher. Why waste another season. I do think Erick has a better grasp on what to do. I’m going to wait and see who he hires before passing judgment

They lost to the 3rd worst team in the NCAA with a bowl game on the line. Came out flat. The offense looked horribly underprepared after Brumfield went down. Arroyo wasn’t going to win here, 2023 schedule is a lot tougher. Why waste another season. I do think Erick has a better grasp on what to do. I’m going to wait and see who he hires before passing judgment
Trusting in an asshole from AZ and mentioned two of their former coaches doesn't bode well for him. If Stoops and Sumlin are his two aces in his pocket, that MOFO better find a new gig.

Trusting in an asshole from AZ and mentioned two of their former coaches doesn't bode well for him. If Stoops and Sumlin are his two aces in his pocket, that MOFO better find a new gig.
What about trusting your own eyes? If you can seriously look me in the face and tell me Arroyo was going to win here after what happened in seasons 1, 2, and the last 7 games of this season I’d probably not trust anything you said ever.

That is what would piss me off.

I can accept the reality of UNLV missing out on a coach. I'm well aware of the financial limitations. Realize a coach may not want to even come here.

But you absolutely have to make that phone call. If you aren't, I don't want to hear about an exhaustive search as you announce Jay Hill. (No knock on Jay Hill)..

What about trusting your own eyes? If you can seriously look me in the face and tell me Arroyo was going to win here after what happened in seasons 1, 2, and the last 7 games of this season I’d probably not trust anything you said ever.
It has been brutal the last 7 games. You ever think about the whisper hearing every time he lost a game this season if that what was the ultimatum? And dont look me in the eyes...I dont swing that way.

Arroyo wasn’t the answer but when you pull the trigger to fire him early and buy him out you better have a plan in place…At this point it doesn’t look like we had a plan.

It has been brutal the last 7 games. You ever think about the whisper hearing every time he lost a game this season if that what was the ultimatum? And dont look me in the eyes...I dont swing that way.
Hahaa

As a former NDSU student, Weber St coach does not sound good at all as he was just solid at the lower class. As good as NDSU has been, real d1 is a large step up even though the ex NDSU coach at Kansas St looking good these days. Usc assistant better wild card that Weber St coach.

Anyone ever think of raiding other MWC schools for head coach? The Utah St., SJSU, and Fresno st coaches are better than some of the ideas thrown out on this board.

As a former NDSU student, Weber St coach does not sound good at all as he was just solid at the lower class. As good as NDSU has been, real d1 is a large step up even though the ex NDSU coach at Kansas St looking good these days. Usc assistant better wild card that Weber St coach.

Anyone ever think of raiding other MWC schools for head coach? The Utah St., SJSU, and Fresno st coaches are better than some of the ideas thrown out on this board.

Biggest hurdle paying a buyout. I like what Brennan has done at SJSU.Not sure he would take the job at the school that just fired his close friend.

Arroyo wasn’t the answer but when you pull the trigger to fire him early and buy him out you better have a plan in place…At this point it doesn’t look like we had a plan.

Without knowing what has happened, I wouldn't go that far..

But if eggs were all put in one or two baskets and those fell through and you are scrambling now..Yeah definitely a problem.

If it is not a big name coach, then why get rid of the existing FB coach. I worry that the AD has an ego and just wants a coach that he picked whether they are a good pick or not. I hope that the search isn't falling flat on its face?
It's ****ing UNLV....of course it is.

Reactions: Knight Rebel702
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT