ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rousey

Like her or not, she had the Tyson effect. She was unbeatable, and after her first loss, she has lost any confidence in her abilities. What I do not understand, is why they paid her so much when she was not even the champion?

What I do not understand, is why they paid her so much when she was not even the champion?

They paid her, because champ or not, win or lose, she is the face of Women's MMA. If you asked 10 people on the street, who could identify Rousey, to name another female competitor, I'd wager that all 10 would draw a blank.

Up 'til now, she put people in the seats, so to speak, like no one else. That's probably going to change now, but I'm not sure there's a successor waiting in the wings that will have her drawing-power.

women-kickboxing-collection-002-200x400.jpg

Reactions: RebtillDeath
That may be true, but I could name 50 guys, and none of them have made the money she has made in MMA per fight!

Pretty dissapointed in both Ronda and UFC for putting her right back into the lion`s den. Should have had a tuneup fight.

Ronda was so psychologically and physically damaged from Holm, it showed.

Cant remake a chin that breaks.

Pretty dissapointed in both Ronda and UFC for putting her right back into the lion`s den. Should have had a tuneup fight.

For $3,000,000 I'd go fight Tyson, Klitschko, or anyone else they'd put me in against. I'd train to last for 42 seconds then go down, too.

Maybe she only clears one third of it (taxes, fees, travel, medical, etc). That's still excellent money. Couple that with her previous earnings, movie deals, etc. she's set for life if she manages it well.

For $3,000,000 I'd go fight Tyson, Klitschko, or anyone else they'd put me in against. I'd train to last for 42 seconds then go down, too.

Maybe she only clears one third of it (taxes, fees, travel, medical, etc). That's still excellent money. Couple that with her previous earnings, movie deals, etc. she's set for life if she manages it well.

Rousey yes..

Mike Tyson..no.

At least the guys wearing the scarlet and grey try.......

Point of Order!...I have always referred to the team colors as Scarlet & Gray, but have wondered whether the correct spelling was with the "a" or the "e".

Anyone care to weigh in? Maybe it's an either/or where both are acceptable. I get that I'm nitpicking here, but I really want to know, since I've been devoted to the team since '77.

I ought to get it right.

nerd-emoticon.jpg

Go Rebels!

Since I learned about the brain I can't remember which pertains to the color and which pertains to the part of the brain. If memory serves me correctly -a is the color and -e is the anatomical structure. I could be wrong since my spelling skills aren't particularly strong.

Why was she trying to box?

@Rebelbacker

The game passed her by. You can't be in the sport now without some stand up skill, even in the women's divisions. Nunes will turn your lights out, and she did. Not to mention Rousey's trainer is a joke. Her strategy was the same it always has been. She always had to walk through a few punches to get a take down but in the past the people she faced weren't solid strikers. Holm is. Nunes is. And she got knocked the f out.

It is hard for me to understand with a year off and her legacy on the line that she wouldn't improve the glaring weakness she has. No head movement, no weaving, no jab. Bull in a china shop. Adios Rousey, I doubt she ever fights again.

Nunes is a friggin beast and there is no way that should have been her first fight back IMO. But if it makes dollars it makes sense and she had 3 million reasons to fight her. Rousey's reps are the group that now own the UFC so they knew the chances they were taking putting her in there. Conspiracy rumor is they knew she was done and were looking to get one more big payday out of her. Judging by the PPV buys they did.

i thought "grey" was a euro thing.
According to Wikipedia:

Grey (English) or gray (American English) is an intermediate colour between black and white. It is a neutral or achromatic colour, meaning literally that it is a colour "without colour."[2] It is the colour of a cloud-covered sky, of ash and of lead.[3]

The first recorded use of grey as a colour name in the English language was in AD 700.[4] Greyis the dominant spelling in European and Commonwealth English, although grayremained in common usage in the UK until the second half of the 20th century.[5] Gray has been the preferred American spelling since approximately 1825,[6] although grey is an accepted variant.[7][8]

According to Wikipedia:

Ok, so I'm getting that it's either/or. There is no correct nor incorrect, or more accurately, either is correct. So I'll stick with Scarlet & Gray, but, to each his own.

Thanks for the input.

6253.gif

I lost what little respect I had for her after the suicide story came out. You are the face of female MMA and you talk about suicide after losing one fight?

Pretty ugly person.

Speaking of boxing and people who can throw punches

@Rebelbacker @rebelluver @bcvegaspt

Have you guys seen this Lomachenko guy.

This guy is amazing and would beat Pacquiao at this stage of his career. Would love to see him in the ring. he is a star.

Ok, so I'm getting that it's either/or. There is no correct nor incorrect, or more accurately, either is correct. So I'll stick with Scarlet & Gray, but, to each his own.

Thanks for the input.

6253.gif

I've never even thought about it to be honest. Could have just been a typo on my part going one way or the other :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT