ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Israel vs Iran

The epic battle we all wanted to see..

I have no inside information nor intelligence, other than what is pubicly known. I was surprised that Israel initiated any attack on Iran four days before Passover. It appeared to be a relatively small limited attack, but precise, at or near a military base. It is believed that Mossad launched drones from within Iran itself. I believe it was more symbolic rather than causing a large amount of damage. It sent a message that Israel could launch precise attacks on Iranian targets of interest anywhere in Iran. Iran is downplaying it. I do not expect Israel or Iran to directly attack each other again in the short term.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I have no inside information nor intelligence, other than what is pubicly known. I was surprised that Israel initiated any attack on Iran four days before Passover. It appeared to be a relatively small limited attack, but precise, at or near a military base. It is believed that Mossad launched drones from within Iran itself. I believe it was more symbolic rather than causing a large amount of damage. It sent a message that Israel could launch precise attacks on Iranian targets of interest anywhere in Iran. Iran is downplaying it. I do not expect Israel or Iran to directly attack each other again in the short term.
The drone attack by Iran last Sunday was pitiful. A bunch of Drones bought at Fry’s Electronics getting shot down.

The drone attack by Iran last Sunday was pitiful. A bunch of Drones bought at Fry’s Electronics getting shot down.
I had a wtf? look on my face when I read that Iran had launched its attack and that it would take 6 or 7 hours to reach Israel.

• Haha
The epic battle we all wanted to see..

No one wants to see that. Iran is scum. IF they get Nukes it will change the world like we never seen. Dirty bomb. Who wants to see innocents lives taken or living in fear? They need to be financially ruined. The rest of the world needs to stop doing business with them.

Here are my thoughts. This is kind of a chess game, between Iran and Israel, involving lives. Up to this point, Iran relied on proxies. They could facilitate the gang rapes, murders, and kidnappings of more than 1 thousand Israeli and other civilians, while not being open to a direct reprisal. At a meeting in Syria, Israel killed a bunch of high ranking Iranian generals that were directing the proxy attacks against others. Iran's response attack on Israel included hundreds of drones, but also included hundreds of missiles. Some of the missiles were the size of a house. If those vehicles/missiles were not mostly shot down, they would have killed thousands and also probably disabled power/electric for much of Israel. It is my belief that the purpose was to send a symbolic message and also to test the Israeli and coalition defenses. If Iran wanted to kill thousands, they would have had Hizb'Allah launch five to ten thousands missiles from southern Lebanon at the same time. Overall, the message was that for an all out war, Iran would try to overwhelm the Israeli, American and possibly Sunni Arab Muslim country defenses with large numbers. Israel responded with small numbers of drones and missiles to attack the defense system protecting an Iranian nuclear/military research site, showing that they could attack anywhere in Iran, even using a small number of vehicles.

My roommate just listens to cnn and Fox.. blaring since 3 AM.

Worst escalation of war ever..

@utestream

Hey brother, do you remember this foul?

I had a wtf? look on my face when I read that Iran had launched its attack and that it would take 6 or 7 hours to reach Israel.
That's because they decided to FedEx their missiles and drones over to Israel. Or maybe they're using Iraq's leftover Scud missiles, those were effective.

No one wants to see that. Iran is scum. IF they get Nukes it will change the world like we never seen. Dirty bomb. Who wants to see innocents lives taken or living in fear? They need to be financially ruined. The rest of the world needs to stop doing business with them.
The Persian people are awesome, a great history and culture. It is tragic that they are ruled by the Islamic Republic led by fanatics. If they developed nukes, they could potentially share them or dirty bomb materials with terrorist proxies in Jordan, Gaza, Judea and Samaria (which some call the West Bank of the Jordan River), Yemen, Afghanistan (Shiite Muslim groups opposed to the Taliban), Iraq, Syria and Lebanon, as well as those in Western Europe, North America and South America. I don't envision North Korea using nukes, as long as they remain in power. I do fear, G-d forbid, that some Iranian leader may do a first nuclear strike, if they believe that it would facilitate the coming of the Mahdi.

• Love
The Persian people are awesome, a great history and culture. It is tragic that they are ruled by the Islamic Republic led by fanatics. If they developed nukes, they could potentially share them or dirty bomb materials with terrorist proxies in Jordan, Gaza, Judea and Samaria (which some call the West Bank of the Jordan River), Yemen, Afghanistan (Shiite Muslim groups opposed to the Taliban), Iraq, Syria and Lebanon, as well as those in Western Europe, North America and South America. I don't envision North Korea using nukes, as long as they remain in power. I do fear, G-d forbid, that some Iranian leader may do a first nuclear strike, if they believe that it would facilitate the coming of the Mahdi.
"The Persian people are awesome, a great history and culture."

Not so much for the Greeks.

Andre Agassi is Persian.

The Greeks gave us philosophy, that’s about it.
Before the rise of the Shiite Islamic revolution in Iran, minority religions and ethnic groups, including Shiite Muslim Persians, Arabs of different faiths, Sunni Muslim Kurds, Zoroastrians, Bahai, Persian Jews, Armenian Christians, Assyrian Christians, etc. had greater freedoms. I believe that Andre Agassi's father was either an Armenian or Assyrian Christian who fled the Iranian revolution and aftermath, along with many Persian Jews and Bahai.

• Love
Before the rise of the Shiite Islamic revolution in Iran, minority religions and ethnic groups, including Shiite Muslim Persians, Arabs of different faiths, Sunni Muslim Kurds, Zoroastrians, Bahai, Persian Jews, Armenian Christians, Assyrian Christians, etc. had greater freedoms. I believe that Andre Agassi's father was either an Armenian or Assyrian Christian who fled the Iranian revolution and aftermath, along with many Persian Jews and Bahai.
Clarification. In Iran, the Shiite Muslim Persians are now the most dominant group.

Here are my thoughts. This is kind of a chess game, between Iran and Israel, involving lives. Up to this point, Iran relied on proxies. They could facilitate the gang rapes, murders, and kidnappings of more than 1 thousand Israeli and other civilians, while not being open to a direct reprisal. At a meeting in Syria, Israel killed a bunch of high ranking Iranian generals that were directing the proxy attacks against others. Iran's response attack on Israel included hundreds of drones, but also included hundreds of missiles. Some of the missiles were the size of a house. If those vehicles/missiles were not mostly shot down, they would have killed thousands and also probably disabled power/electric for much of Israel. It is my belief that the purpose was to send a symbolic message and also to test the Israeli and coalition defenses. If Iran wanted to kill thousands, they would have had Hizb'Allah launch five to ten thousands missiles from southern Lebanon at the same time. Overall, the message was that for an all out war, Iran would try to overwhelm the Israeli, American and possibly Sunni Arab Muslim country defenses with large numbers. Israel responded with small numbers of drones and missiles to attack the defense system protecting an Iranian nuclear/military research site, showing that they could attack anywhere in Iran, even using a small number of vehicles.
Israel is playing chess. Iran is playing Chinese Checkers.

I’m a Christian who visited Israel in 2016.

Not a big fan of both Israel and Iran..religious wise.

Israel was just a religious Disneyland for Catholics.

I'm not religious at all. But if it gets you headed in the right direction , i'm all for it. Some people need it in their lives to be good people. Atheism has killed millions upon millions. Some of the most violent Dictators were atheists.

It was humbling seeing the site of the first Olympics.

Greece wasn’t all that to me (Athens specifically), but to downplay the Greek’s significance in history is like downplaying a Menzies 20-win season while you’re drinking at Dreas.

Greece wasn’t all that to me (Athens specifically), but to downplay the Greek’s significance in history is like downplaying a Menzies 20-win season while you’re drinking at Dreas.

Maybe we should stop judging Iran the government vs Iran the people.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

The Acropolis is cool but the best part of Greece are the islands. Athens is just a big city albeit with awesome history.

IMG_3130.jpeg
Just click the picture icon and you can add it from your phone.

Or, if you copy your picture with a long hold and choose copy … then in the text box, long hold and choose paste. I believe that works too.

Let’s see … yep. Both ways work.
1713646726036.jpeg

View attachment 208
Just click the picture icon and you can add it from your phone.

Or, if you copy your picture with a long hold and choose copy … then in the text box, long hold and choose paste. I believe that works too.

Let’s see … yep. Both ways work.
View attachment 209
Thanks I tried that but it asks me to enter an IRL when I click the picture. Paste didn’t work either but I was able to get picture as a link if that works https://share.icloud.com/photos/00dLpuYOAcvZupS0W5pv9sd2A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT