ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best and worst streets to Travel in Vegas?

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
For those locals..what are your favorite streets?

Favorite: Durango. From Washington to Blue Diamond is a straight shot. No traffic whatsoever.

Shout out: St Rose Parkway.. this is how a real Vegas Road should be built. Doing 60 with traffic lights. You gotta be kidding me. Hate to be drunk behind the wheel on that street.

Worst: Nellie Blvd. it’s slow, trashy and just a pain in the ass to drove through.

Special shout out: Eastern Blvd from Henderson to Cheyenne. Utter traffic all over.

You?

I would like to see heavy traffic on Swenson between Trop & Flamingo on Rebel game nights.

I would like to see heavy traffic on Swenson between Trop & Flamingo on Rebel game nights.
+1

And I suppose your best and worst streets to travel on are always circumstantial from start point to end point. I live in Northtown so Nellis, Craig, Cheyenne, and Eastern are all unavoidable.

Wish I was rich so I could live in the swanky southwest.

Favorite: Durango. From Washington to Blue Diamond is a straight shot. No traffic whatsoever.

I hate the very small portion of Durango between Pebble and Blue Diamond. When it narrows, widens, isn't painted, turn lane at the light backs up, left turn into plaza blocks turn at light lane. But other than that tiny stretch, outstanding, Durango.

It's not as good now with all the development in the last 12-18 months, but Cactus is still decent from Dean Martin (actually Decatur now) to Buffalo, entering Mountains Edge from the south east. Also Sunset on the west side of the valley about 6 months ago was great. Haven't taken that stretch in a bit though.

For those locals..what are your favorite streets?

Shout out: St Rose Parkway.. this is how a real Vegas Road should be built. Doing 60 with traffic lights. You gotta be kidding me. Hate to be drunk behind the wheel on that street.

Worst: Nellie Blvd. it’s slow, trashy and just a pain in the ass to drove through.

Special shout out: Eastern Blvd from Henderson to Cheyenne. Utter traffic all over.

You?

Two nominees for worst. Blue Diamond from Vegas to Pahfump and I-95, pretty much anywhere. Both are death traps.

I've seen more fatalities on both, than anywhere else in the valley.

I recommend avoiding, whenever possible.

Two nominees for worst. Blue Diamond from Vegas to Pahfump and I-95, pretty much anywhere. Both are death traps.

I've seen more fatalities on both, than anywhere else in the valley.

I recommend avoiding, whenever possible.

The blue diamond exit from the strip is confusing as hell. I dunno how many times I took the right lane and had to make a u turn where Silverton is to head back. If you stay on the left lane it rises up and you’re back on the I15.

I’m pretty sure there are tons of people who live in Pahrump and commute to Vegas. I think there’s a part on that blue diamond road they call the “widow’s” something.

Good shout out to I95. It’s ass especially past Charleston going toward spaghetti bowl. I remember back in the day it ended at Charleston

I hate the very small portion of Durango between Pebble and Blue Diamond. When it narrows, widens, isn't painted, turn lane at the light backs up, left turn into plaza blocks turn at light lane. But other than that tiny stretch, outstanding, Durango.

It's not as good now with all the development in the last 12-18 months, but Cactus is still decent from Dean Martin (actually Decatur now) to Buffalo, entering Mountains Edge from the south east. Also Sunset on the west side of the valley about 6 months ago was great. Haven't taken that stretch in a bit though.
I think you’re right about blue diamond rough area. It’s still under construction after 5 years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT