ADVERTISEMENT

OT: best places to eat in Vegas

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Rebelnet,

it’s that time where we share favorite places to eat.

well, I finally had Boston Pizza and lemme say it was terrible. Worst food I can recall ever eating. Pizza was dog food. I wouldn’t feed starving illegal immigrants with this food.

thhis was @MonsterJam ’s recommendation.

im sorry man, absolute nasty food.

Scrub, if you want good pizza go Chi-Town and check out Giordano’s. There’s one on west Charleston. You have to go deep dish and you want be disappointed!

Reactions: RebelScrub
Scrub, if you want good pizza go Chi-Town and check out Giordano’s. There’s one on west Charleston. You have to go deep dish and you want be disappointed!
My favorite pizza places may be:
New York Pizza on Jones & Sahara (I prefer the sicilian thick crust, but it's all good.)
Rocco's NY Pizza on Rainbow / 215 (only been once or twice but enjoyed it)
Balboa Pizzeria at The District at Green Valley Ranch

As for some of my other favorite (non-chain) restaurants:
Naga Thai Cuisine (I/95 & Horizon) - Very good!
Il Chianti Italian (I/95 & Horizon) - Great food and friendly chef/owner

Rebelnet,

it’s that time where we share favorite places to eat.

well, I finally had Boston Pizza and lemme say it was terrible. Worst food I can recall ever eating. Pizza was dog food. I wouldn’t feed starving illegal immigrants with this food.

thhis was @MonsterJam ’s recommendation.

im sorry man, absolute nasty food.
Chicken wings and Cheesesteaks! That is what you go to Boston for. Not the pizza~

My favorite pizza places may be:
New York Pizza on Jones & Sahara (I prefer the sicilian thick crust, but it's all good.)
Rocco's NY Pizza on Rainbow / 215 (only been once or twice but enjoyed it)
Balboa Pizzeria at The District at Green Valley Ranch

As for some of my other favorite (non-chain) restaurants:
Naga Thai Cuisine (I/95 & Horizon) - Very good!
Il Chianti Italian (I/95 & Horizon) - Great food and friendly chef/owner
I have been going to NY Pizza and Pasta for years!!! Pepperoni and sausage is the best!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Ouch - feel bad that you had a bad experience there. I only eat the wings and fingers there (actually me and Rebel_Luv go there after early/midday UNLV games for the wings and fingers) BUT I wouldn't have expected the pizza to be so bad you wouldn't feed it to starving dogs.

My "Go-To" for pizza is Old School Pizza in North Las Vegas right by the Cannery on Craig and Losee. If you dont like that pizza, you dont like pizza.

Reactions: OldSchoolReb
They have Giordano’s in front of Bally’s.

that was an amazing pie.

Boston pizza next to Olympic Garden’s was extremely dissapointing.

@MonsterJam

I did have the chicken fingers. Nah, not impressed.

it could have been the marijuana. Triple Haze suppresses appetite.

Reactions: TimothyC3
Chicken wings and Cheesesteaks! That is what you go to Boston for. Not the pizza~
Decided to try the Philly cheese steaks with mushrooms this time around at Boston Pizza.

it wasn’t bad.

Decided to try the Philly cheese steaks with mushrooms this time around at Boston Pizza.

it wasn’t bad.
i saw a review on Yelp. Someone said the same thing ,but they said they use to be the best in town. I had it a while back and it was great. It might be like your favorite Chinese place. Sometimes cooks screw it up. Wings hard to mess up. Try POPS cheesesteaks then get back to me. IF u dont like that then all that weed must of killed your taste buds. JK.

Reactions: dcut03
i saw a review on Yelp. Someone said the same thing ,but they said they use to be the best in town. I had it a while back and it was great. It might be like your favorite Chinese place. Sometimes cooks screw it up. Wings hard to mess up. Try POPS cheesesteaks then get back to me. IF u dont like that then all that weed must of killed your taste buds. JK.
I haven't lived in Vegas for 18 years, but POPs was the place I would go for cheesesteaks.

They've been around that long (POPS)?! LUV and I were just talking about that place. I drive by it literally every weekday on my way home and I've never NOT seen people there - heat, cold, rain or shine. Obviously very good cheesesteaks there.

I like 4 kegs Philly cheese steaks compared to pop’s.

pop’s is like 14 bucks

Had POPs once about 25 years ago. It was either just ok or I don't like Philly cheesesteaks. I always liked Gyrotimes gyros though. Just a little pricey with fries and a soda. For Buffalo wings I like Broadway Pizzaria. They taste like the ones my big sister used to get from the hood back in the 80s. I hate when they just cook the wings naked and just lazily slather them in Buffalo sauce. Prefer the sauce to be baked in at least a little!

They've been around that long (POPS)?! LUV and I were just talking about that place. I drive by it literally every weekday on my way home and I've never NOT seen people there - heat, cold, rain or shine. Obviously very good cheesesteaks there.
It used to be a Philly Steakout which was a chain. Not good but pretty good. My girlfriend at the time was from philly and said that they were pretty good considering. It changed to POPs probably about 20 years ago I think around 2000)? It was close to my grandma's house and close enough to my work at the time.

But it was really hard to find a cheesesteak anywhere around that time.

Guys, what are your recommendations on barbecue ribs? I see they have some newer spots in town. Lucilles is solid. But what about the others?

Rollin Smoke.

Thank me later.
I can't say that I've had the ribs from Rollin Smoke, so maybe this won't hold up for that, but I think Rollin Smoke is maybe the 5th best BBQ in Clark County. Never been overly impressed with them. Hit Fox Smokehouse in Boulder City, Road Kill Grill(/John Mulls), Jessie Rae's, or Big Bs before Rollin' Smoke

Wait wait wait ? John Mulls? They boil their meats. The BBQ sauce is below average. Jesse Rays has these things called maniac and duke fries. They are the best. Fries topped with meats , mac and cheese and some sauce. Rollin Smoke is top notched. Way better choices there also. Lucille is solid also.

Wait wait wait ? John Mulls? They boil their meats. The BBQ sauce is below average. Jesse Rays has these things called maniac and duke fries. They are the best. Fries topped with meats , mac and cheese and some sauce. Rollin Smoke is top notched. Way better choices there also. Lucille is solid also.
Lucille's is good stuff. Forgot about them. That was a Sanchez favorite

I have been to Rollin Smoke like 5 or 6 times and I won't say that I dislike it, but every time I have been there I've found that I'm not happy with the way their meats have been prepared. Not gonna claim expert status on prep and cook, but I've never been disappointed leaving Fox, John Mulls, or Big Bs. I have left Jessie Raes underwhelmed, but thats not the norm.

Ever been to Tucky's on Boulder Highway? I haven't been, but have heard it is decent. I just dont live even remotely close to there to try it 😂

I love barbeque, but I havent had everyones barbeque. All of these that have been mentioned are good or great places. Barbeque is SO good in this town that other good barbeque joints have gone out of business (looking at you Memphis Championship). I wont turn down barbeque, but the two lower level joints are: Famous Daves (the Olive Garden of BBQ) and Dickies (overpriced and under-delivers)

For what its worth, I take Rollin Smoke over Road Kill Grill. I like Road Kill Grill, but thats how I place it.

Who the hell goes to a noodle place? WTF is a noodle place?!
TfE4MJC.png

I love barbeque, but I havent had everyones barbeque. All of these that have been mentioned are good or great places. Barbeque is SO good in this town that other good barbeque joints have gone out of business (looking at you Memphis Championship). I wont turn down barbeque, but the two lower level joints are: Famous Daves (the Olive Garden of BBQ) and Dickies (overpriced and under-delivers)

For what its worth, I take Rollin Smoke over Road Kill Grill. I like Road Kill Grill, but thats how I place it.
It's weird. Normally I think of us as not having good BBQ options... but we actually do have a nice selection. No specific type that is the Vegas barbecue the way that there's a Carolina or Memphis BBQ, but a decent variety.

How about a noodle place? Magic Noodle is rock solid.
Cook 1 bag Korean ramen of choice. Add left over chicken and veg.

80 percent as good as a noodle place at 10 percent the price. Plus you’ll be eating before you would have even gotten to the noodle shop.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
IMO, this thread is actually developing into one of the best threads on RN in a while. I am going to have to check out Magic Noodle!

How about Tai and Indian? How about Korean BBQ?

Cook 1 bag Korean ramen of choice. Add left over chicken and veg.

80 percent as good as a noodle place at 10 percent the price. Plus you’ll be eating before you would have even gotten to the noodle shop.
Yeah, I'd have a hard time justifying paying more than $9 for a bowl of noodles. It must be a damn big bowl of noodles with some high quality protein because veggies don't cost much. I'm a fan of good beef chow fun though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT