ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State game

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
I hate these big money games. I wish we weren't even playing the Buckeyes. Even playing USC next year is a bad idea. I would rather our guys get an opportunity to get a good win. The year we went to a bowl they didn't schedule a big money game.

I hate these big money games. I wish we weren't even playing the Buckeyes. Even playing USC next year is a bad idea. I would rather our guys get an opportunity to get a good win. The year we went to a bowl they didn't schedule a big money game.

You have to pay the bills. UNLV cannot afford to NOT play these games. Hell they can't afford to do home and home games unless we know the other team will travel.

Also paycheck games is how you break through. Boise, Utah, TCU, have all used paycheck games to put them on the map and get them into big bowl games.

The fact that the MWC is sooo down, they are even more important.

If UNLV had better attendance then they could afford not to. That's not happening any time soon, soo....

Also paycheck games is how you break through. Boise, Utah, TCU, have all used paycheck games to put them on the map and get them into big bowl games.

To be fair, those schools were far more prepared to succeed on some level in those games and didn't necessarily do it solely for the paycheck. Those teams could be competitive against their paycheck games. Hopefully we're there soon!

To be fair, those schools were far more prepared to succeed on some level in those games and didn't necessarily do it solely for the paycheck. Those teams could be competitive against their paycheck games. Hopefully we're there soon!
For sure they were better prepared, but it was still a paycheck game.

When Utah went into Michigan and won, it was a paycheck game. It wasn't a home and home or anything. They were obviously a really good football team then, but that was still a pretty big upset at the time.

For sure they were better prepared, but it was still a paycheck game.

When Utah went into Michigan and won, it was a paycheck game. It wasn't a home and home or anything. They were obviously a really good football team then, but that was still a pretty big upset at the time.
True enough. Man, what a win like that could do this weekend!

It helps recruiting too, the coaches are in houses telling recurits that we play at OSU, at SC etc. Idaho, Howard and New Mexico St isnt going to get anyone excited, players or fans. Id rather play this game and get our asses handed to us than play another Howard and win. Its one game out of 12, if you need another patsy win to make the team feel good rather than playing in Columbus then I dont want those guys on my team.

Last edited:
Reactions: s89103 and reagan21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT