ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St. 20 Million in NIL

OSU was only 4th or 5th in the Big 10 NIL race until this time depending on whose figures you use. Michigan was a 16.5 million when OSU was at around 10 million--trailing not just Michigan but Penn State, Indiana, and arguably Michigan State. MIchigan's dominance in the B1G overlays very cleanly with them having the NIL lead in the conference. OSU finally got their program running.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
OSU was only 4th or 5th in the Big 10 NIL race until this time depending on whose figures you use. Michigan was a 16.5 million when OSU was at around 10 million--trailing not just Michigan but Penn State, Indiana, and arguably Michigan State. Michigan's dominance in the B1G overlays very cleanly with them having the NIL lead in the conference. OSU finally got their program running.
As they keep increasing the cost of sports, more and more schools will drop out of the arms race, which in the long term with slowly but surely eat away at college sports for most schools, leaving a small group of super powers. How long before college football fans will start looking at them as professional teams, which would make them all bottom feeders compared to the NFL. I can see in the long run that beyond the specific school fans, more casual fans will migrate to the higher level professional league of the NFL.

OSU was only 4th or 5th in the Big 10 NIL race until this time depending on whose figures you use. Michigan was a 16.5 million when OSU was at around 10 million--trailing not just Michigan but Penn State, Indiana, and arguably Michigan State. MIchigan's dominance in the B1G overlays very cleanly with them having the NIL lead in the conference. OSU finally got their program running.
If Indiana paying that much, I fire everyone, I know hoops is king, but there in bobby knight syndrome on how good they are now!

As they keep increasing the cost of sports, more and more schools will drop out of the arms race, which in the long term with slowly but surely eat away at college sports for most schools, leaving a small group of super powers. How long before college football fans will start looking at them as professional teams, which would make them all bottom feeders compared to the NFL. I can see in the long run that beyond the specific school fans, more casual fans will migrate to the higher level professional league of the NFL.
I'm sure for some this is true but for me it's making me care less about the other schools and the overall sports. I follow us, obviously, but I can't tell you who the Heisman hopefuls are going into next season. I'm sure it's someone in the SEC, Big12, and Big10 but specific names, no clue.

Between that and the constant penalties/fouls called slowing the pace of games and making the games softer now then when I grew up, they aren't the same sports to me. Don't call PI on every pass or a foul every time a player jerks his head back trying to get a call. I've got better things to do than watch even WVU (my second favorite school) now since I know what I'll see. I've isolated down to just watching us now.

I'm sure for some this is true but for me it's making me care less about the other schools and the overall sports. I follow us, obviously, but I can't tell you who the Heisman hopefuls are going into next season. I'm sure it's someone in the SEC, Big12, and Big10 but specific names, no clue.

Between that and the constant penalties/fouls called slowing the pace of games and making the games softer now then when I grew up, they aren't the same sports to me. Don't call PI on every pass or a foul every time a player jerks his head back trying to get a call. I've got better things to do than watch even WVU (my second favorite school) now since I know what I'll see. I've isolated down to just watching us now.
I didn't even bring up or think about those who just say screw it. I will admit I have gone from watching about a half dozen programs to mostly just being interested in UNLV!

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT