ADVERTISEMENT

Odom wants to stay here for life

Would love to see him stay for life. He may or may be hinting at making this a long term job, but at least this is much better than stories about offers.
It does happen. Few at Gonzaga, although he makes good coin. And is ugly. Get those teeth fixed dude. Oh, who else? The UConn BB coach who just turned down $70M? Although he makes good coin too. But some coaches choose a stable life for their family and a pretty good paycheck for the bigger bucks and uncertainty. Having, as a Coug, lived through Dennis Erickson the carpetbagger.

the heart wants what the heart wants - Wishful thinking bro - Money talks and BS walks- If Odom continues to win he will quickly be promoted to a better job
Very wishful! I'm not truly believing that his X post implies his loyalty here.

I also don’t think that he’d jump to a job with only more money. Do you think that he’d leave us for Vandy when he knows that he will be fired in 3-4 years there? I’m not seeing that in his public persona.

Hopefully, we have another very successful season and have to worry about him getting poached. It’s a strange feeling to us.

It does happen. Few at Gonzaga, although he makes good coin. And is ugly. Get those teeth fixed dude. Oh, who else? The UConn BB coach who just turned down $70M? Although he makes good coin too. But some coaches choose a stable life for their family and a pretty good paycheck for the bigger bucks and uncertainty. Having, as a Coug, lived through Dennis Erickson the carpetbagger.
Jerry "The Shark" Tarkanian also turn down the Lakers

The guy who got fired at Texas A&M..

He walked out like a bandit..lol

Very wishful! I'm not truly believing that his X post implies his loyalty here.

I also don’t think that he’d jump to a job with only more money. Do you think that he’d leave us for Vandy when he knows that he will be fired in 3-4 years there? I’m not seeing that in his public persona.

Hopefully, we have another very successful season and have to worry about him getting poached. It’s a strange feeling to us.
I don't put that much thought into what he may or may not do - Jobs and opportunities come and go by the minute - I'm not that big of a fan where I lay awake at night worrying about our coach being lured away. I am a realist - If he continues to win - He is going to go to one of the 50-100 better d1 jobs if he really is a good coach. It makes sense- I know fans like to fantasize and make up dream world scenarios _ I'm not one of those kind of fans.

I don't put that much thought into what he may or may not do - Jobs and opportunities come and go by the minute - I'm not that big of a fan where I lay awake at night worrying about our coach being lured away. I am a realist - If he continues to win - He is going to go to one of the 50-100 better d1 jobs if he really is a good coach. It makes sense- I know fans like to fantasize and make up dream world scenarios _ I'm not one of those kind of fans.
Bro, this was tongue-in-cheek.

Relax.

Breathe in some fresh air!

Bro, this was tongue-in-cheek.

Relax.

Breathe in some fresh air!
LOL .."Bro" IM chill AF and breathing just fine - You asked me if I thought he was going to VAnderbilt ??

( Do you think that he’d leave us for Vandy when he knows that he will be fired in 3-4 years there? I’m not seeing that in his public persona.)

- I just responded to your question.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
LOL .."Bro" IM chill AF and breathing just fine - You asked me if I thought he was going to VAnderbilt ??

( Do you think that he’d leave us for Vandy when he knows that he will be fired in 3-4 years there? I’m not seeing that in his public persona.)

- I just responded to your question.
I used a crappy P4/5 like Vandy as an example where I (my personal opinion) think that money didn't matter enough.

Glad to hear that you're doing well.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Id say Bill Self except hes now paid almost 11 million... but there was a time where Oklahoma St. was making a run, same with supposedly the Thunder, at him before KU locked him down for basically life.. Hes going on 20 years there.

Id say Bill Self except hes now paid almost 11 million... but there was a time where Oklahoma St. was making a run, same with supposedly the Thunder, at him before KU locked him down for basically life.. Hes going on 20 years there.
UNLV helped propel his career when his last season at Tulsa they boat raced the Rebels that afternnon in Nashville, they advanced to the elite 8 he left to Illinois had a few really good seassons and has been at Kansas ever since (21 going on 22 seasons) He has more wins and a better winning % than Roy Willimas who if you were to ask me to name the most successful coach at Kansas would be the first name that would pop into my mind.

UNLV helped propel his career when his last season at Tulsa they boat raced the Rebels that afternnon in Nashville, they advanced to the elite 8 he left to Illinois had a few really good seassons and has been at Kansas ever since (21 going on 22 seasons) He has more wins and a better winning % than Roy Willimas who if you were to ask me to name the most successful coach at Kansas would be the first name that would pop into my mind.
Larry Brown Ring a bell? But honestly having 3 coaches in past 40 years is one reason there is such a sustained success. Yes history really helps and favors them... but Imagine going from Larry Brown with 2 F4s and a Natty in 5 years to Roy Williams to Bill Self....

Larry Brown Ring a bell? But honestly having 3 coaches in past 40 years is one reason there is such a sustained success. Yes history really helps and favors them... but Imagine going from Larry Brown with 2 F4s and a Natty in 5 years to Roy Williams to Bill Self....

Right, it’s easy to say but not easy to do, continuity, stability whatever you want to call it is something successful programs have in common. There aren’t a ton of examples of college FB or BB programs that sustain success while turning over coaches.

So what was the topic again?
I get so confused with you basketball fans.... on a football board. you like UNLV, which I love!!, but don't ever make sense to me regarding football. so sad.... bring up scars that this season won't have anything to do with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT