ADVERTISEMENT

O.T.: Playoff Baseball

TarkisGod

Lottery Pick
Dec 17, 2005
Baseball has sorted itself out regarding playoff spots. Here’s a handy guide to 2016 post-season baseball:

In the AL, the O’s and Jays will play a one-and-done on Tuesday to see who will go to Texas on Thursday. Meanwhile the Red Sox head to Cleveland to begin their ALDS, also on Thursday.

As for the NL, it’s the Giants playing in NY vs the Mets on Wednesday for one game to determine who will go to Chicago on Friday. Also on Friday will be game one between the Dodgers and the Nationals in Washington. All division series are best-of-five.

From there it will proceed to best-of-seven series to determine who will participate in the World Series.

On a personal note, I would like to congratulate the many Cub fans that frequent Rebel-Net. A 103-win season is quite an accomplishment. But bear in mind, everyone is 0-0 now. I’ll bet you guys are rooting hard for the Giants. If the Mets win on Wednesday, I swear there will be tiny beads of sweat on the brows of Cubbies everywhere.

Yes, defying all odds, as one piece, after another, of the Mets stellar young pitching staff fell by the wayside, they still managed to play their way into the 2016 post-season picture. You guys remember the Mets, right? You know, that team that swept the Cubs in a humiliating series last season? Well, they happen to have gone 27-14 since falling two games below .500 in early August. That’s actually best in MLB.

So Good luck to everyone…but especially the Mets!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Baseball has sorted itself out regarding playoff spots. Here’s a handy guide to 2016 post-season baseball:

In the AL, the O’s and Jays will play a one-and-done on Tuesday to see who will go to Texas on Thursday. Meanwhile the Red Sox head to Cleveland to begin their ALDS, also on Thursday.

As for the NL, it’s the Giants playing in NY vs the Mets on Wednesday for one game to determine who will go to Chicago on Friday. Also on Friday will be game one between the Dodgers and the Nationals in Washington. All division series are best-of-five.

From there it will proceed to best-of-seven series to determine who will participate in the World Series.

On a personal note, I would like to congratulate the many Cub fans that frequent Rebel-Net. A 103-win season is quite an accomplishment. But bear in mind, everyone is 0-0 now. I’ll bet you guys are rooting hard for the Giants. If the Mets win on Wednesday, I swear there will be tiny beads of sweat on the brows of Cubbies everywhere.

Yes, defying all odds, as one piece, after another, of the Mets stellar young pitching staff fell by the wayside, they still managed to play their way into the 2016 post-season picture. You guys remember the Mets, right? You know, that team that swept the Cubs in a humiliating series last season? Well, they happen to have gone 27-14 since falling two games below .500 in early August. That’s actually best in MLB.

So Good luck to everyone…but especially the Mets!

As a lifelong Cubs fan, I appreciate your congratulations. My family has been Cubs fans for generations. My grandparents even spent their honeymoon at Wrigley Field & went back to work on Monday. :) I believe this is our year and nothing will stop my Cubbies. As for your Mets, we will discuss them if they get passed the Giants on Wednesday .GO CUBS GO!!!

Reactions: the Florian Trout
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT