ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Bosa predicts team will shut out UNLV

Our passing game is above average but it is nothing special. Most of the Idaho passing yards came on one play. I love Armani and our receivers but the play calling has been VERY vanilla. Not saying the coaches won't unleash Armani, and they should, but I'm not sure our passing offense is as good as you think. I do agree that the Buckeyes passing defense has been suspect and I can't wait to see what the coaches have planned foe Saturday.

Oklahoma already showed what a great passing game can do to Ohio State. UNLV has a good passing game, and should be able to move the ball on the secondary.

I am not looking at us to win, it could happen but it would be a huge upset, but I really don't see this blowout 50+ win that most Ohio State and casual fans believe will happen. The problem is after the way UNLV lost the first game of the year, no one believes UNLV is any better than past teams. This is the chance to show everyone that UNLV has improved, and that they will be competitive. I just hope that coach Sanchez is able to get the entire team to believe in themselves and their ability to compete with a big time program.

That's pretty funny lol. The Reb's need to get the ball often to Boyd. I don't think it will be a shutout...

No way this is a shutout. Could it be a 60-point blowout? Sure. But not a shutout.

This fool could learn a lesson or two in humility. As a former offensive lineman, I'd love to pop a guy like this in the mouth.

Here's the full interview:

Early on, he talks about how the lack of sacks allowed by UNLV has less to do with OLine quality, and it's more about QB mobility. Also states that they'll win one on one battles.

Reactions: UNLVWINS
I think Cotton will open up the offense pretty good. I'm more concerned about Beir running the defense. Maybe they should have left him back in Vegas...

This fool could learn a lesson or two in humility. As a former offensive lineman, I'd love to pop a guy like this in the mouth.

Early on, he talks about how the lack of sacks allowed by UNLV has less to do with OLine quality, and it's more about QB mobility. Also states that they'll win one on one battles.

Dumb to talk before games like this...

It's a stupid thing to say, I'm sure his coaches had a word with him about it. But it's also safe to say given how Badly they should beat us. I mean, even if UNLV scores 17 and loses 63-17, is someone going to call him out? And if they do, it's easy to deflect it as say as long as we win, that's all I'm worried about...

It's a stupid thing to say, I'm sure his coaches had a word with him about it. But it's also safe to say given how Badly they should beat us. I mean, even if UNLV scores 17 and loses 63-17, is someone going to call him out? And if they do, it's easy to deflect it as say as long as we win, that's all I'm worried about...
You must have forgotten his coach is Urban Meyer. He's a despicable human being. Had a chance to meet him many times when he was at Utah. There's no way Meyer cared that Bosa said any of this

I look at Army as a team that is about at the same level as UNLV, and could see a similar score in this game. Maybe few more points for both teams.

I really am curious to see how much we open up the passing game.

They've been slow with Armani, but you look at our O line, our WR depth and talent, and see their pass D and have to try to use that match up to your advantage, right?

Or are we just trying to stay healthy and speed up the game with running the ball.

On one hand, you have nothing to lose when your aren't expected to win, so why not air it out?

The other hand tells you just want to collect your check and get out of there as quickly as possible with minimal collateral damage (injuries).

I hope we at least try. Come out swinging. IF it becomes obvious that it not in the cards, then switch to conservative mode.

I do not see Tony going to OSU to get a check and get out. He will expect the very best from each team member and play lights out until the final second. I can not respect anything less. When I played football we were expected to give our very best no matter who we played.

vincelombardi1.jpg

Reactions: RedCannon
I do not see Tony going to OSU to get a check and get out. He will expect the very best from each team member and play lights out until the final second. I can not respect anything less. When I played football we were expected to give our very best no matter who we played.

vincelombardi1.jpg

Absolutely. A big part of me hope that happens regardless of score, meanwhile praying to the football gods that we stay healthy.

And it also sends the wrong message to your players when you obviously aren't playing to win.

But at the same time you don't want to beat up your best players when the game is no longer in question.

There is a balance some where.

I hope the team stays healthy back there. The 1.3 million will help UNLV pay some bills...

"You want to go there for a win, but it's a tough task playing against a team like that," Sanchez said. "It's an Urban Meyer-coached team. But at the end of the day it's still football."

One of my favorite coach sayings "Play hard and have fun". Let us not forget the great experience our guys will have.

As for injuries, they can happen in the off season against no opponent.

There ya go.

there is a line there. Sure injuries can happen anytime, practice even. It's football, and it keeps me busy during the season as a PT.

But chances of injuries can increase with certain situations. If you are beat up and fatigued your muscular support decrease and joint protection is reduced.

Going against at team that has superior depth and can rotate 10 guys on their D line without much drop off, that plays a huge part at the end of the games.

That's it! At the end of the day you have to step on the field and play football. ... I'm looking forward to the Rebels stepping on that field and playing Football.
The worst thing you can do to build a programs belief in what you're doing is to play conservative. - players can see it in the coaches eyes... although that's a motivation in itself. You don't think I can beat this guy - watch me! If you ask your guys to play a full game - you better coach a whole game to win. Otherwise, your players are not going to trust another word out of your mouth... not for the season, but for years to come.

there is a line there. Sure injuries can happen anytime, practice even. It's football, and it keeps me busy during the season as a PT.

But chances of injuries can increase with certain situations. If you are beat up and fatigued your muscular support decrease and joint protection is reduced.

Going against at team that has superior depth and can rotate 10 guys on their D line without much drop off, that plays a huge part at the end of the games.

I agree. I am a musculoskeletal guy as well. We have to do the very best we can with what we have. Rotate our guys. Sure we will have a drop off. But, what an experience for the younger guys. :football:

Maybe I will go down to the Home Depot Center with a Sign for Bosa's Brother with UNLV on it. Kind of like all those tweeters who mistakenly went after the wrong Brandon Marshall this past Monday Night football game.

Maybe I will go down to the Home Depot Center with a Sign for Bosa's Brother with UNLV on it. Kind of like all those tweeters who mistakenly went after the wrong Brandon Marshall this past Monday Night football game.

I think the Osu students are awesome. Having. Said that. There are some dumb as/ignorant/fans that thought it would be 83 3. Really.

hey- I'm all about calling that 'kid' out if he was weak..., but he honestly did show his words. first play.. - are you kidding me!?!? ... that concerned me that we let him go out of anyone. wtf
OK - we have some great film to improve... and that's what we need to do.
Huge! experience...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT