ADVERTISEMENT

Nice little video

That was a cool piece. It's so huge for a walk-on to get that schollie. That can be the difference between a college education with football memories to share for a lifetime and going back home and hoping you can still get into that apprenticeship program.

It is cool, but I don't think it is difference between and education and not. He was in his 3rd year, and if he didn't get the schollie, he wouldn't be able to keep playing, but I am sure he would have gone and found a job and finished his education. He had already paid for 3 years (I expect the money he spent for the 3rd year will be refunded) and was already way to vested in his education to not have completed his degree.

The vast majority of people that go to UNLV have to either be on athletic scholarship or get through school either with a job or combination of job and partial scholarships.

I'll take your word for it in Dalton's case. I was just speaking in very general terms.

This is really cool... Very happy for him!

On a side note... I don't think this is the type of thing we would have seen ESPN pick up and feature from UNLV in the past.

I think its just another one of those things that really goes unnoticed that Coach Sanchez and staff are doing to try and market the program and change the culture within UNLV football to get us moving in the direction of the "big leagues"

Reactions: ricovegas
That video was played during college game day. Pretty cool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT