ADVERTISEMENT

Mush!

TarkisGod

Lottery Pick
Dec 17, 2005
And now the team gets the unmitigated pleasure of making the trek to Laramie in January. This will be the first visit for all except Poyser and Green. I’m not too sure that Coach has ever been there either.

I can’t say I’ve personally had the pleasure, but previous visits by Rebel teams haven’t worked out too well. Something about the hours-long bus ride to reach this remote outpost, combined with the altitude and the utter desolation seem to sap the competitive spirit from a team.

Add to that the desire, on the Cowboys part, for revenge for their loss earlier this season at the T&M. It doesn’t sound like a recipe for success. But hey, who knows? Maybe JoJo will hit one from the parking lot and pull off a surprise “W”.

The "Pokes" came into a final OOC game with USC with a glittery 10-2 record. Of course, a closer look reveals a schedule filled with cupcakes. Since then they’ve gone 3-5 including the 81-75 defeat at the hands of our Rebels. Wyoming is one of the teams picked below UNLV in the media poll. We were picked 8th and they were chosen 10th.

I don't think they've got anyone as dominant as Larry Nance Jr., who was a beast. He's taken his talents to the NBA where he's currently in his second season with the Lakers.

If the Rebels can overcome the peripheral annoyances of the trip, this is a winnable road game.
winter-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif
making-snow-angel-smiley-emoticon.gif
freezing-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif
winter-clothing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

Last edited:
And now the team gets the unmitigated pleasure of making the trek to Laramie in January. This will be the first visit for all except Poyser and Green. I’m not too sure that Coach has ever been there either.

I can’t say I’ve personally had the pleasure, but previous visits by Rebel teams haven’t worked out too well. Something about the hours-long bus ride to reach this remote outpost, combined with the altitude and the utter desolation seem to sap the competitive spirit from a team.

Add to that the desire, on the Cowboys part, for revenge for their loss earlier this season at the T&M. It doesn’t sound like a recipe for success. But hey, who knows? Maybe JoJo will hit one from the parking lot and pull off a surprise “W”.

The "Pokes" came into a final OOC game with USC with a glittery 10-2 record. Of course, a closer look reveals a schedule filled with cupcakes. Since then they’ve gone 3-5 including the 81-75 defeat at the hands of our Rebels. Wyoming is one of the teams picked below UNLV in the media poll. We were picked 8th and they were chosen 10th.

I don't think they've got anyone as dominant as Larry Nance Jr., who was a beast. He's taken his talents to the NBA where he's currently in his second season with the Lakers.

If the Rebels can overcome the peripheral annoyances of the trip, this is a winnable road game.
winter-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif
making-snow-angel-smiley-emoticon.gif
freezing-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif
winter-clothing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

Laramie has never been a simple task for the Rebels. Note that Tark, Grg & Company ventured twice to Laramie in the 1980s and got beat both times. Not a quality WYO squad, but the Cowboys are not much fun in Laramie...

Reactions: TarkisGod
And to think, Laramie was one of the 11 finalist cities to host the Mountain West Conference Tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT