ADVERTISEMENT

More Stadium news

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I don't know all of the details but it appears UNLV is going to attempt to acquire from the County 38 acres of land adjacent to the 40 acre parcel of land that is the site of the proposed new domed stadium. I really like how Snyder has framed the new stadium issue as a giant T&M center because it is well known and accepted as a fact that the T&M is much more than the home of the Runnin' Rebels. The T&M is one of the top revenue producing facilities of it's size in the world and I think second only to Madison Square Garden in NY. That is a big deal and I anticipate that will be the argument for the new domed stadium. It will make lot's of money and will benefit financially gaming and tourism like the T&M, but on a much larger scale. That discussion and vote could come as soon as December. But IMO there is one more important take away. UNLV is a young university and it has taken time for it's alumni to mature and grow. Now UNLV alums are in key decision making positions and that is important. In the today's RJ article two Regents, Mark Doubrava and Trevor Hayes were interviewed.... both are UNLV grads and that is good to see. Also, Regent Leavitt has been very vocal and pro domed stadium from the beginning. Here's the article for any one interested: http://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...nty-about-38-acres-near-proposed-stadium-site

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News