ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri QB Enters transfer portal

ckfitz

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2020
Jake Garcia just announced that he is entering the transfer portal and will not be participating in Missouri's bowl game. I guess Garcia was second string?

Jake Garcia just announced that he is entering the transfer portal and will not be participating in Missouri's bowl game. I guess Garcia was second string?
We need to focus on the defense side of the ball, I hope. The QB room is plenty good with Maiava, Admundson, the frosh from El Paso Gael something, and we still have Doug Brum and Friel That's 5 QBs. Defense need a lot of help. Jerrae Williams look like he got hurt again in the Boise game. Brennan Scott is no where to be found this year. Damnit, if we just have a decent defense last night...

We need to focus on the defense side of the ball, I hope. The QB room is plenty good with Maiava, Admundson, the frosh from El Paso Gael something, and we still have Doug Brum and Friel That's 5 QBs. Defense need a lot of help. Jerrae Williams look like he got hurt again in the Boise game. Brennan Scott is no where to be found this year. Damnit, if we just have a decent defense last night...

Scott's the one that's really puzzling. He showed a lot his freshman year.

Poor attitude? Doesn't fit scheme? Poor practice habits? I know he was coming off injury.

I'll be surprised if Doug or Friel are both back next season.

Why would he skip the bowl game? It's against Ohio State in a couple of days. I don't understand these kids anymore
He's not playing so he doesnt need to stay. The way the transfer calendar works, he had to enter now or risk spending the spring at Mizzou and transferring in the summer and being behind. He will look to commit fast and enroll for the next semester at his next destination.

Let’s focus on defense please.
If we could limit the big plays and JM make better decisions when flushed out of the pocket, this team would have had a storybook-worthy season. JM doesn’t even need a huge leap in performance next year if he just limits the bonehead freshman forced errors it easily takes at least a TD off the board for the opponent in many games. The defense is a whole other story and need a LOT of attention.

If we could limit the big plays and JM make better decisions when flushed out of the pocket, this team would have had a storybook-worthy season. JM doesn’t even need a huge leap in performance next year if he just limits the bonehead freshman forced errors it easily takes at least a TD off the board for the opponent in many games. The defense is a whole other story and need a LOT of attention.
You forgot to mention his decision of when and how to flush out of the pocket. Stepping up is almost NEVER a choice for JM and his first step when he feels pressure is almost always to his right. He’s a right handed QB that should almost never be the right move. If you feel your only option is to your right, you should probably take off up the middle and get what you can before taking a sack or throw the ball away.

Agree that the defense is near bedrock. I look forward to see who we can bring in.

We could use another QB also, we need to have a capable guy whether a 1 or a backup, that depends on the results of a good competition in the spring and summer but we need depth under center!

He's not playing so he doesnt need to stay. The way the transfer calendar works, he had to enter now or risk spending the spring at Mizzou and transferring in the summer and being behind. He will look to commit fast and enroll for the next semester at his next destination.
Are we recruiting him? Is he coming for a visit??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT