ADVERTISEMENT

*LV Major Developing news*

You have obviously never been to an NHL game. Hockey players are by far the best athletes of all the pro sports. They have the strength of football players, the coordination of baseball players with the conditioning of basketball players. I Love hockey and my Blackhawks and my Skating Rebels
I don't know about the conditioning of basketball players, the average ice time in the NHL is 45 seconds.
Nothing in team sports beats the conditiong of the rugby 7s, have you seen it? Of course, hockey is like rugby on ice, fast paced and brutal. That kid is a spoiled brat, millennial moron, if it's not a video game he's bored!

The best conditioned athletes in all of sports are soccer players. When a soccer player goes down with an injury, they have to add an extra few weeks into the recovery time just to get back into game shape.

There are no time outs, they run for 45 minutes, take a 20 minute break and run for 45 more.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
T
I don't know about the conditioning of basketball players, the average ice time in the NHL is 45 seconds.
Nothing in team sports beats the conditiong of the rugby 7s, have you seen it? Of course, hockey is like rugby on ice, fast paced and brutal. That kid is a spoiled brat, millennial moron, if it's not a video game he's bored!
The 3rd & 4th lines are usually 45 seconds or less, the 1st & 2nd lines are usually a bit longer with only 30 seconds rest before they return to the ice. Constantly moving and checking. of course the goalie is out on the ice the whole time. I think that hockey players are the toughest athletes out there. Love the sport. UNLV Rebel fans REALLY need to check out the Skating Rebels, they deserve our support and to be a NCAA team.

As a Blackhawks fan, I think Chelsea Daggar is the best goal song along with THE HORN of course.
i went to my first NHL game. Avalanche vs Blackhaws. poor Avalanche...well poor Goalie. it was like a practice session. the Blackhawks were launching pucks at him all night. worst they looked was on their power play. 2-1 was the final because after letting 2 quick ones in, he had had enough and was making save after save. his team wouldn't help him out though.

anyways, hockey is interesting, not my favorite, but they definitely are fit.

give me futbol over any of it.

i went to my first NHL game. Avalanche vs Blackhaws. poor Avalanche...well poor Goalie. it was like a practice session. the Blackhawks were launching pucks at him all night. worst they looked was on their power play. 2-1 was the final because after letting 2 quick ones in, he had had enough and was making save after save. his team wouldn't help him out though.

anyways, hockey is interesting, not my favorite, but they definitely are fit.

give me futbol over any of it.

Hockey is a very fun sport to watch live. I remember back when we had the Las Vegas Thunder. I loved going to those games. That was back when we still had the crowd meter at the T&M and would be rocking in that place.

Hard to watch on TV but live is fun. If I could go to one match of any sport it would be a US world cup game. Preferably in the US. Supposedly the word is that we may still get Qatar 2022.

Hockey is a very fun sport to watch live. I remember back when we had the Las Vegas Thunder. I loved going to those games. That was back when we still had the crowd meter at the T&M and would be rocking in that place.

Hard to watch on TV but live is fun. If I could go to one match of any sport it would be a US world cup game. Preferably in the US. Supposedly the word is that we may still get Qatar 2022.
i went to a few Thunder games. they were fun, but i enjoyed the Wranglers more because i had better seats. getting close to the action was way better.
a World Cup game would be crazy. i hope to get to an Arsenal game. it's on my list, among other things such as Take part in another Rebel basketball championship!

here are some fun soccer goal celebrations if you're bored.....

The Las Vegas 7s is getting bigger too, could move that from the Silver Bowl when the dome is ready. NHL outdoor game, NCAA tourney, All Blacks rugby, Soccer friendlies, Bowl Games, NFL pre season... The sky's the limit for events that could be held in a new arena.

As for the Wranglers, I agree the Orleans was a better venue to watch hockey than the T & M with the Thunder, enjoyed watching both, hopefully T Mobile Arena's hockey setup is good too.

Think for a minute outside of the athletic realm with regards to UNLV. The Rebel Yell over the past couple of weeks has run multiple stories regarding the admissions department proposal to raise the minimum academic requirements for acceptance. That, combined with a new medical school, expansion of the current BEH building on campus for the hospitality program, improving sports/recruiting pipeline, stadium, and good investor team makes UNLV a prime addition to the PAC 12.

One thing we haven't discussed is: Where does BYU play in all this? Word is they are itching to ditch the independent status since the P5 is looking to move to a 9 game league schedule and thus would reduce the number of opponents for BYU to schedule over the season. Don't think the PAC 12 would take them, so does that leave them on the outside looking in? Or in another conference like the Big 10?

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Nothing to see here, moving on. Way to hijack the thread people. Just start a new one.

I've got a Skype session later today with Archie Miller. I'm pitching UNLV to him. Sounds like he wants to come, we'll probably just be hashing out the dollars and cents.
That would be awesome. Give him the hard sell. He would be my #1 pick. He is proven coach and young enough to build a program around and unlike Pitino, won't bring NCAA trouble with him.
Please let us know how it goes.

I've got a Skype session later today with Archie Miller. I'm pitching UNLV to him. Sounds like he wants to come, we'll probably just be hashing out the dollars and cents.

I don't know how to respond to this since I can't see your face. Sarcastic? Dead serious? If you are just messing with people on this board, I would be careful. I am sure that they are stable in real life, but on this board it appears that there are many people with some serious issues. I wouldn't want to go jerking them around too much. Our hearts have been hurt a lot this season. Started off with the best outlook of the season we've had in a long time and, well, you know where we are now.

Hey everyone. Been very busy. Nothing new which is good. Everything is moving forward. Early in the week I was told some discussions were held last weekend about the stadium.

I think it was just a catch up meeting. Who knows. But it might also have something to do with the Las Vegas arena. I have been hearing some tours are taking place for the next 2-3 weeks.
I would love to see the arena up close but I probably will have to wait a bit longer. It does look amazing with all the updates.

You are fired. Your pitch must have sucked. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT