ADVERTISEMENT

long time lurker first time poster

reblife702

6th man
Jun 8, 2024
long time lurker but first time poster so we hope we do things correctly here and apologize if not. my buddies and used to play for the program and are relatively close to it still. we still talk to the guys in the locker room at every level and want to provide the best information available to the fans. thank you joe for setting this website up.

this is setting up to be a great summer for the program hence the reason why we finally decided to make an account here and on x. if anyone would like to follow our x account please let us know. sorry for this long introduction but with all things said, the first news we'd like to share is nico and scherer flexed their muscles and secured a st louis kid for 2025.

Welcome from another long time lurker and now sometimes poster. Given your perspective, how has it been reading our takes on the previous season(s)? Comedic? Close? I guess it would run the gamut but it would be interesting.

Also, didn't see a @reblife702 on twitter so a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

I know UNLV has gone after a handful of players from Missouri. My only guess would be Dejerrian Miller since he is the most likely recruit from the St. Louis area that UNLV has actively recruited that could be an impact player (but he is an offensive player), or Vinaz Cobb who is a defensive player, but not as much of an impact player? Either way, all I am doing is guessing

Reactions: LVRebel2000
long time lurker but first time poster so we hope we do things correctly here and apologize if not. my buddies and used to play for the program and are relatively close to it still. we still talk to the guys in the locker room at every level and want to provide the best information available to the fans. thank you joe for setting this website up.

this is setting up to be a great summer for the program hence the reason why we finally decided to make an account here and on x. if anyone would like to follow our x account please let us know. sorry for this long introduction but with all things said, the first news we'd like to share is nico and scherer flexed their muscles and secured a st louis kid for 2025.

What years did you play? My brother played for Horton and JRob.

Just a heads up for all, there are 4 people that are on this account and X and any one of us can be posting. we don't want to be too specific but we sprinkled from between the last 1-3 years.

we will say that some of the takes, guesses, and predictions are pretty good but hilarious. the intel is 95% spot on. one take that we highly disagree with upon ourselves is that the team will regress because of the tougher schedule but we have discussed this with each other for hours upon hours.

if anyone wants to follow our x it is @burnerrebels

Very cool, thx.

Not to tear anybody down but are some differences between previous coaching staffs and current?

They ripped the commitment from Mizzou? Jason King?

Very cool, thx.

Not to tear anybody down but are some differences between previous coaching staffs and current?
the coaching staffs are very different and that's not anyone's fault. each persons circumstance contributed to how they acted and coached us. what we will say is that barry and co. are amazing in getting to know every guy on the team. every morning starts with a personal greeting to their position group. lots of programs and coaches don't even do that. what makes barry and co. stand out is their use of social media and using the bright lights in las vegas to attract recruits. that is easier to do now with the rise of everything in las vegas.

the last thing we want to mention is every coach here right now is a teacher of young men, especially coach marion. the way they teach about life and how to take care of our families is something different than the previous staff.

edit: also want to add that every position is actually up for grabs every week. no one is immune from losing their job. we have been told that certain previous staffs did not do this. no first hand knowledge.

Last edited:
Thx for the peek.

It’s interesting to see the differing approaches and how energy is spent.

I remember hearing one difference between previous staffs a while back was how one emphasized getting off the field in a hurry and the other focused on getting on the field in a hurry. No explanation to the why just a quirky thing.

And kudos to the staff for their approach. That’s a lot of guys and it’s not easy.

its always interesting to see how energy is spent. the thing that some of us noticed is when energy is spent, it is not always genuine and everybody in the room can tell. saying this or that but not genuinely upholding those same values or not abiding by those same guidelines is a big punch to the gut.

my personal opinion and this is mine only is that we will not find another guy like barry odom. he personifies players coach. he walks and he talks and he is heard and seen. the one thing i noticed about him is that when he talks, everyone turns and listens. he deserves every penny and should get a raise next offseason.

its always interesting to see how energy is spent. the thing that some of us noticed is when energy is spent, it is not always genuine and everybody in the room can tell. saying this or that but not genuinely upholding those same values or not abiding by those same guidelines is a big punch to the gut.

my personal opinion and this is mine only is that we will not find another guy like barry odom. he personifies players coach. he walks and he talks and he is heard and seen. the one thing i noticed about him is that when he talks, everyone turns and listens. he deserves every penny and should get a raise next offseason.
My fear is he will be “too good” for UNLV and bolt for better opportunities. But that’s better than a firing for failure.

I have heard some other things and maybe it’s just wishful thinking … that he really enjoys Las Vegas, he loves food and it’s something Vegas does well - and he’s not bombarded with fans and adoration when he’s out with family … as would/could happen at a big school … and that’s what he prefers, a low key type of life. But I don’t know if that appeal is greater than chasing the $$$ and BCS possibilities … everyone has different motivations, you can’t just go by what you would do personally …

So even though he’s a good old boy bible belter …. My hopes are geared towards UNLV/Vegas having a strong appeal to him.

I liked what I saw year one a lot. Of course the results …. But things looked different …. Some of the intangibles that I look for with any sports team … a focus, an accountability, a poise, a same page type of thing … foundational stuff from which a PROGRAM grows, not just a single team. It wasn’t “perfect” in that regard, but a very noticeable difference from previously … it’s like the team bought in, trusted what the coaches were doing …. Once they were knocked off the rails, they didn’t fold, they did what they could to get back on track, there wasn’t mass panic, a calmness, a poise … I’m high on him.

those are all valid statement. in my opinion and i'm only speaking for myself and not my buddies, theres always a price and theres another place that an individual would leave for. sometimes it takes a combination of those to up and leave. what i will say is that barry can like everything about las vegas and still leave. the key will be bringing someone in that can continue and uphold what he instilled. thats not easy.

As a Financial Professional on the side, how much is too much money (over quality of life and overall happiness)? That answer lies within all of us and is not defined by any single number.

With his income over the years, he and several generations should be set by now. That's not the issue (I wouldn't think).

Is he happy here? Is his wife happy here? The latter may be even more important, Mrs. Pitino.

At worst, he's shown that it can be done here. We are different. We are molding after Boise State Football, which is a great mold. We are becoming a G5 destination school thanks largely to him.

Just a heads up to everyone; they shut down our x. we have no idea why they did this. we will get another account up and running soon. sorry to all.

Just a heads up to everyone; they shut down our x. we have no idea why they did this. we will get another account up and running soon. sorry to all.
They don't give reasons any more. They shut me down within 3 months of when Elon Musk took over, and never told me why! I should have said they didn't give reasons under the old ownership either!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT