ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

Here’s to hoping we host a game in the NCAA tournament and that people show up. Fun team to watch.
They won't get up to a 4 seed. Looks like Stanford, USC, UCLA, Gonzaga, Colorado have a chance to host in the latest ESPN bracket. Plenty of western US places.

Great run by the Lady Rebs.

They won't get up to a 4 seed. Looks like Stanford, USC, UCLA, Gonzaga, Colorado have a chance to host in the latest ESPN bracket. Plenty of western US places.

Great run by the Lady Rebs.
Unfortunately it will be tough for UNLV to even get up to a 6 seed let alone a 4th seed considering they currently have UNLV as an 8/9 seed. There is a chance that Gonzaga could drop below UNLV due to the loss to Portland, but it would take a lot more teams to drop down for UNLV to move up into the top 16. UNLV really needs Oregon State to be in the same conference. Adding 12/14 ranked Oregon State in with UNLV would be a huge overall boost to the merged conference. It makes you wonder how much the west coast will changed with #3 USC, #4 Stanford, #6 UCLA, #13 Oregon State, and #18 Colorado splitting up in the next couple of years?

Unfortunately it will be tough for UNLV to even get up to a 6 seed let alone a 4th seed considering they currently have UNLV as an 8/9 seed. There is a chance that Gonzaga could drop below UNLV due to the loss to Portland, but it would take a lot more teams to drop down for UNLV to move up into the top 16. UNLV really needs Oregon State to be in the same conference. Adding 12/14 ranked Oregon State in with UNLV would be a huge overall boost to the merged conference. It makes you wonder how much the west coast will changed with #3 USC, #4 Stanford, #6 UCLA, #13 Oregon State, and #18 Colorado splitting up in the next couple of years?
USC and UCLA, to the Big Ten, will be a powerhouse.
Stanford will be a powerhouse in the ACC, Cal wil not be a powerhouse in the ACC.
Utah and Colorado, will not be a powerhouse in the Big 12, but they will make the NCAA Tournament.
Oregon St next year, in the WCC along with Gonzaga, will make the NCAA Tournament next year.
Washington St, will be a wild card next year in the WCC. If, they make the NCAA Tournament or not.

Creme still has us as a #9 seed playing Iowa St. Zags still holding #4 seed even after loss. Our conference is too weak to help us out. WCC will still be better than the MWC next year especially with OSU. I think WSU lost a key player to injury which hurt them this year. They should come back and help the WCC next year. I don't see the MWC being any better next year. We will be better but we will just end up with another 8/9 seed.

For this year's tournament we will be without Lott and Kennedy. Hopefully, Desi's ankle is nothing. The way it bent when she came down on her last play of the game didn't look good to me. Ankles aren't supposed to bend like that. We just have to hope for a favorable matchup to get past the first round.

Anybody know what Lott's injury is?

When, I was watching on tv, the Finals between Portland/Gonzaga, in Las Vegas.
Charlie Creme, was watching the game live in person. They interviewed him.
And, he said "Las Vegas, is my hometown." So, after hearing about that.
I, thought he would give UNLV a favorable seeding.
He still gave us a 9 seed. And, still has Gonzaga as 4 seed.
To tell you the truth. I want all the mid majors that make the NCAA Tournament. To get a high seed.
Screw these, P5 teams that always rob and get better seeds than the mid majors.

Jasmyn Lott's injury looks like it's her knee.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Jasmyn's knee has torn ligaments.
I thought Desi was done with the way her leg buckled. My daughter's did much them and it appears Desi came out much better.
Alyssa Durazo-Frescas re-sprained her ankle, it blew up much like the one she had earlier in the season.
Hopefully the Lady Rebs play on the 23rd to get the most time possible to be playable. Pain of it is, that it seems like sprains in the same area are likely to recur with that area being weakened.

As for the western teams leaving for different conferences they will still be strong and host 1st round games but it might be fewer of them since their records will get beat up in conference play. It's good for our small schools when there are tourney games in the western states so their fans have a less expensive opportunity to attend.

When, I was watching on tv, the Finals between Portland/Gonzaga, in Las Vegas.
Charlie Creme, was watching the game live in person. They interviewed him.
And, he said "Las Vegas, is my hometown." So, after hearing about that.
I, thought he would give UNLV a favorable seeding.
He still gave us a 9 seed. And, still has Gonzaga as 4 seed.
To tell you the truth. I want all the mid majors that make the NCAA Tournament. To get a high seed.
Screw these, P5 teams that always rob and get better seeds than the mid majors.

Jasmyn Lott's injury looks like it's her knee.
No doubt better seeds would create more favorable matchups for the mid majors. However, the talent disparity between mid majors and the major-conference teams is not even close.

Last year Michigan handled us relatively easily in our 1st rd matchup, and they weren't anything special in the Big 10. Size and talent disparity is tough to overcome.

If we want to win a game this year, shooting is going to have to be top notch. Will need more efficient play from Desi as well. Her stat line was good yesterday, but she will need to improve and be her best if we want to win.

No doubt better seeds would create more favorable matchups for the mid majors. However, the talent disparity between mid majors and the major-conference teams is not even close.

Last year Michigan handled us relatively easily in our 1st rd matchup, and they weren't anything special in the Big 10. Size and talent disparity is tough to overcome.

If we want to win a game this year, shooting is going to have to be top notch. Will need more efficient play from Desi as well. Her stat line was good yesterday, but she will need to improve and be her best if we want to win.
So, if you are a mid-major.
Would, you rather play a 6 seed P5 team.
Or, would you rather play a 9 seed P5 team.
The higher, the seed the mid major is. The worse, the P5 team will be. That, you play.

So, if you are a mid-major.
Would, you rather play a 6 seed P5 team.
Or, would you rather play a 9 seed P5 team.
The higher, the seed the mid major is. The worse, the P5 team will be. That, you play.
Of course you want the best seed you can get.

But when people are discussing that we should be a top-6 seed, host the first round, etc; we're just not there.

Of course you want the best seed you can get.

But when people are discussing that we should be a top-6 seed, host the first round, etc; we're just not there.
Seeding, throughout the basketball season is fluid.
It's like the wind, it comes and goes.
Charlie Creme, did have us as a 4 seed and hosting 2 games on his bracketology.
Earlier in the year, when we were undefeated and beat @ Oklahoma.
So, I was even at fault, thinking this could happen.

I, would definitely rather be an 8 seed and play a P5, 9th seed this year.
Then, be an 11th seed and play a P5, 6th seed. Like, we did last year.

I agree on the size. Our 5'7" needs to get a little taller. Next year we get back Kennedy and hopefully Spencer continues to develop. At 5'9" those couple of inches will pay dividends. Talent wise I think we are doing pretty damn good for a mid-major and it did well against OK and AZ. Just need to keep getting more of them.

That, means we are an 8 or a 9 seed.
I'll be happy, if we just win the first NCAA Tournament game since 1991!
Damn, that's a long time. We, are due.
Same here. Just want to get over that hump and get Lindy her first NCAA victory. Sure wish we had Kennedy and Lott though.

Amarachi Kimpson, will have to fill in for Lott.
She, will need to have a big game for us, to advance to the Second Round.

Hope they beat Creighton. Don't give them any chance against UCLA. But one win would be great. Something to build on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT