ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Rebels Infinity basketball thread

I think it comes from our Conference being so bad and not giving the team tough tests each week.

I think you just have to tip your hat to Creighton, they just were on fire. I would have liked to have seen some adjustments to defending the three but they were finding somebody open no matter what. Lady Rebels were not the better team and that’s a tough pill to swallow for Lindy and Co.

To your point, and I keep beating this dead horse but we REALLY need to move up to a higher conference. Lindy needs more resources to compete against these kinds of teams. She’s operating on a shoe string budget compared to these other programs we’re getting beat by in the ncaas.

I think you just have to tip your hat to Creighton, they just were on fire. I would have liked to have seen some adjustments to defending the three but they were finding somebody open no matter what. Lady Rebels were not the better team and that’s a tough pill to swallow for Lindy and Co.

To your point, and I keep beating this dead horse but we REALLY need to move up to a higher conference. Lindy needs more resources to compete against these kinds of teams. She’s operating on a shoe string budget compared to these other programs we’re getting beat by in the ncaas.
If there is a merge with the Pac2, that along would be a huge help in regards to women's basketball. Currently Oregon State is a 3 seed.

Las Vegas needs to host a NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. Spokane is too small with relatively poor hotel accommodations. They had to have women's team stay in Idaho for the tournament in Spokane. Not a long bus ride but still a fked up arrangement. Then you have this situation where racism impacts teams. Spokane should never be an option for an NCAA Tournament.

Las Vegas needs to host a NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. Spokane is too small with relatively poor hotel accommodations. They had to have women's team stay in Idaho for the tournament in Spokane. Not a long bus ride but still a fked up arrangement. Then you have this situation where racism impacts teams. Spokane should never be an option for an NCAA Tournament.

This team is pretty close to being a top 16.

There has been a push in the women's side (Debbie Antonelli & Beth Mowins to name a couple) who thought a great way to boost attendance for games would be to have Las Vegas host the Women's Sweet Sixteen. When they started this push it would have been a stretch with arenas but now, there's no good reason not to have it here. It would be a huge success for both the product and the town.

Can you imagine if LV became that for the men's side? True March Madness.

This team is pretty close to being a top 16.

There has been a push in the women's side (Debbie Antonelli & Beth Mowins to name a couple) who thought a great way to boost attendance for games would be to have Las Vegas host the Women's Sweet Sixteen. When they started this push it would have been a stretch with arenas but now, there's no good reason not to have it here. It would be a huge success for both the product and the town.

Can you imagine if LV became that for the men's side? True March Madness.
Couldn't agree with you more. In 2-3 years the NCAA will start paying out Units for the Women's Tournament thanks to the big ESPN contract signed this year to own the rights to the Women's Tournament. ESPN recognizes the popularity and growth in the women's game. Hopefully, ESPN will make a push to have that Sweet 16 in Vegas.

More on that racist incident for the Spokane NCAA Tournament.

NO MORE NCAA TOURNAMENTS IN SPOKANE.
Guess, which Lady Rebel recruit is from Coeur d'Alene, ID?
5'7" PG Fr Teagan Colvin.
I, hope her family did not receive racial discrimination. While, they are there.

Guess, which Lady Rebel recruit is from Coeur d'Alene, ID?
5'7" PG Fr Teagan Colvin.
I, hope her family did not receive racial discrimination. While, they are there.
Her dad is her basketball coach. I'm sure he wouldn't have her stay in an untenable situation. She started high school in a tiny town called Spangle, WA. The dad got the job in CDA and it gave her better competition. I've been to Spangle many times. They had this restaurant called the Harvester that had great breakfast and lunch options. I don't know if it's still there as I haven't driven that route in 4 years.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
The Head Coach from San Jose St, April Phillips.
Also, was discriminated against, last year when they were playing against Boise St.
Saw, it on her X (Twitter) page.

The Head Coach from San Jose St, April Phillips.
Also, was discriminated against, last year when they were playing against Boise St.
Saw, it on her X (Twitter) page.
That entire State should be boycotted. There are States I don't buy from and that shythole is one of them.

5' 10" PF Senior Nneka Obiazor 8.4 PPG, 4.4 RPG.
Has, entered the Transfer Portal.
Good luck, to you.

Last edited:
Got, another one. And, this one hurts.
5' 7" JR Shooting Guard Alyssa Durazo Frescas, 7.8 PPG and 197 Career made 3 pointers.
Has, also entered the Transfer Portal.

IMO, if UNLV wants to enter the "NEXT" Level.
UNLV, needs taller guards and taller fowards.

Durazo-Frescas and Obiazor. You young women, have helped set a foundation at UNLV. Thank you, for your time here.

I worry about the ceiling at UNLV. The conference is obviously quite a bit off from the power conferences. It is hard to see NIL being much of a facto. , without having that much fan support/attendance.

There is such a huge gap between the haves and the have nots. It doesn't seem like we are that close to being one of the haves.

Need to try to be Gonzaga both Men's and Women's. I don't think the WCC is any better than the MW, but they did schedule decently aggressively this past season.

But I don't know if many are going to spend much for NIL if we can't get bigger crowds and/or get out of the first round of the tourney.

I worry about the ceiling at UNLV. The conference is obviously quite a bit off from the power conferences. It is hard to see NIL being much of a facto. , without having that much fan support/attendance.

There is such a huge gap between the haves and the have nots. It doesn't seem like we are that close to being one of the haves.

Need to try to be Gonzaga both Men's and Women's. I don't think the WCC is any better than the MW, but they did schedule decently aggressively this past season.

But I don't know if many are going to spend much for NIL if we can't get bigger crowds and/or get out of the first round of the tourney.
The WCC, got Oregon St and Washington St, for the next 2 year's.
It was, either the MWC or the WCC, for those 2. And, we lost.
This, hurts the MWC programs and strengthens the WCC.

Let's hope, Lindy can get a lot of size in the Transfer Portal.
She, has a good eye for talent and what our team needs are.
IF, UNLV wants to advance to the Second Round, of the NCAA's.

The WCC, got Oregon St and Washington St, for the next 2 year's.
It was, either the MWC or the WCC, for those 2. And, we lost.
This, hurts the MWC programs and strengthens the WCC.

Let's hope, Lindy can get a lot of size in the Transfer Portal.
She, has a good eye for talent and what our team needs are.
IF, UNLV wants to advance to the Second Round, of the NCAA's.
True, but those schools weren't there this past season, though it looks like Gonzaga did play WAZZU in the OOC.

To keep up the Lady Rebel spirit this off season take a quick peek at one of our incoming freshman this fall. What's not to like. Turn sound on at home or use head phones at work.. A 5'11" Guard.

Last edited:
What else do we need to know about Elli.....

2. Elli Guiney, Goodyear Millennium, senior guard

Proven winner, a great outside shooter, a tough defender, high basketball IQ, and is stellar in creating shots for herself and her teammates. The UNLV-commit Guiney is averaging the state’s second-best 25.8 points per game at an efficient 58% clip and 48% from deep, 4.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 3.4 steals, and 1.2 blocks. She's the state's most decorated two-guard for the past three seasons, having led Millennium (9-1) to nothing short of a state championship appearance. That includes the last two of Millennium's four-peat 5A conference dynasty during her freshman and sophomore years, and the team's Open Division title game loss last season.

Last edited:
What else do we need to know about Elli.....

2. Elli Guiney, Goodyear Millennium, senior guard

Proven winner, a great outside shooter, a tough defender, high basketball IQ, and is stellar in creating shots for herself and her teammates. The UNLV-commit Guiney is averaging the state’s second-best 25.8 points per game at an efficient 58% clip and 48% from deep, 4.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 3.4 steals, and 1.2 blocks. She's the state's most decorated two-guard for the past three seasons, having led Millennium (9-1) to nothing short of a state championship appearance. That includes the last two of Millennium's four-peat 5A conference dynasty during her freshman and sophomore years, and the team's Open Division title game loss last season.
CKK needs her.

Lady Rebels, need some impact transfers. To, capitalize on the 4 seniors coming back.
With, the loss of 5'7" SG Durazo-Frescas, size is a must.
Here, is what the staff is looking at.

1) 6'0" So SG Ari Long. She is a transfer from Washington Huskies. She, was 2023 ESPN #46 Recruit.
Her hometown, is Moreno Valley, CA. Just, outside of Riverside.
She, would give us length and be a day 1 starter, from the jump.

2) 6'2" Jr Wing Saylor Poffenbarger. A transfer from Arkansas Razorbacks.
Averaged, 10.2 PPG and 11.2 RPG. This, one is a long shot, but Lindy is actively pursuing her.
She, originally played one year at UConn and then transferred to Arkansas.

It, will be hard to sign any of these impact transfers with the low NIL package UNLV has.
But, this is the only way, if we want to make it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: RebelScrub
The women's ncaa tournament this year reminds me of how the men's tournament used to be with big names that people are familiar with.

Reactions: UNLVbro
The women's ncaa tournament this year reminds me of how the men's tournament used to be with big names that people are familiar with.
Certainly has been better media coverage lately. Not enough for our own Lady Rebs which is insane.

If you’re Caitlyn..

Play with the washed up men or play against older women who want a piece of you?

If you’re Caitlyn..

Play with the washed up men or play against older women who want a piece of you?

Bro, does he want the UNLV job still? I know he’s at Bethune Cookman as AD!!

EZPZ job

For sure the 3 on 3 league would pay more as a base salary.

I wonder about exposure though. I would think Clark could get better endorsement deals for playing in the WNBA.

But I do think that she would make more in college as the best college player. She is a bigger star now that she will likely be next year. Though since she is breaking all the records this year, and people already being overwhelmed with all of her exposure (myself included) she may have less value as a college player next season.

Banquet was very nice last night. Alyssa Durazo-Frescas did attend but Nneka did not. Lindy was quite classy talking about both but I don't think anybody would expect anything else.

Wished Alyssa the best and thanked her for some great memories.

Heard that the portal might pop some good news soon and the team might look a bit different next year. I don't have any specifics other than that.

Desi is gone and Meadow is probably going to slide into that spot but big shoes to fill. Desi loved being the leader.

Ashley and Alyssa are gone and Jasmyn will be coming off of knee surgery so not sure how much can be counted on there. 3 of 5 starters from this season need replacements. I liked the veteran part of Ashley's game, similar to Khayla Rooks a couple of years ago with no one in place to fill that. Portal?

AB, McKinna, Meadow, Erica and possibly Kenadee (unless she swings back to guard) as the bigs.

Kiara, Rachi, Jasmyn, Macy Spencer, Elli Guiney, Teagan Colvin are guards.

Possible starting 5 in November: Kiara, Rachi, AB, Meadow and... ?

The 5th one I guess is the big question. Does Jas make it back after the late season injury (surgery next week)? Does Kenadee play a 2-3-4 kind of spot? Does Macy Spencer do enough to earn a spot? Macie James started the season as a starter and earned more playing time as the season wore on. And then the portal comes in to play.

They play tonight!!!

They play tonight. Should be lots of fun because we got the pieces in place!!

Banquet was very nice last night. Alyssa Durazo-Frescas did attend but Nneka did not. Lindy was quite classy talking about both but I don't think anybody would expect anything else.

Heard that the portal might pop some good news soon and the team might look a bit different next year. I don't have any specifics other than that.

Desi is gone and Meadow is probably going to slide into that spot but big shoes to fill. Desi loved being the leader.

Ashley and Alyssa are gone and Jasmyn will be coming off of knee surgery so not sure how much can be counted on there. 3 of 5 starters from this season need replacements. I liked the veteran part of Ashley's game, similar to Khayla Rooks a couple of years ago with no one in place to fill that. Portal?

AB, McKinna, Meadow, Erica and possibly Kenadee (unless she swings back to guard) as the bigs.

The 5th one I guess is the big question. Does Jas make it back after the late season injury (surgery next week)? Does Kenadee play a 2-3-4 kind of spot? Does Macy Spencer do enough to earn a spot? Macie James started the season as a starter and earned more playing time as the season wore on. And then the portal comes in to play.
We are going to be dead meat without Desirae Young.

Crazy to see women jump in the portal.

Ive got to believe we see a lot of Elli. Scoggins and Alyssa were solid 3pt shooters and if Elli can come from High School where she was hitting 48% from deep and get that going that would be sweet. Macy Spencer was a good 3pt shooter out of high school but she didn't get enough minutes for me to tell if she can get tht shooting going. I think she will develop into a good defender though with her 5'9" height. I love Winfrey but, let's see how she comes back after that surgery. It seemed to me that Nneka was never quite the same. Good but didn't seem to me to be as good as the prior year.

I think we will be good next year with better height at our disposal. Teagan might have to red shirt. It's going to be tough to see her get into the line up at the PG position.

Really looking forward to see this team next year. And, if we can pick up a couple of real good portal transfers we will be solid again.

Glad you went. If I lived in Vegas I know I would be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT