ADVERTISEMENT

Kalib

unlove

Rebel Legend
Feb 24, 2004

Nice breakdown by Grimala on Kalib. Based on his observations it sounds like having a center paired with him may be better than asking Kalib to shoulder the center responsibilities.

Nice breakdown by Grimala on Kalib. Based on his observations it sounds like having a center paired with him may be better than asking Kalib to shoulder the center responsibilities.
I think the staff did a great job assembling this team. The combination of the twins and Hill up front will be tough to match up against.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Last years squad was just short on offense. That was taken care of and the returners should more productive as well. I’m hoping the defense will gel quickly. Preseason pick of 6th so far. It needs to be much better than that. We’ll see.

Last years squad was just short on offense. That was taken care of and the returners should more productive as well. I’m hoping the defense will gel quickly. Preseason pick of 6th so far. It needs to be much better than that. We’ll see.
Was 6th predicted before the class came in or after? If after it could be seen as a comment on the coaching staff.

Why would anyone have preseason bball predictions when football season hasn’t even started? Rosters aren’t even set yet. That’s dumb

it's delusional for both...

Odom isn't here to finish 6th.
Kruger can't finish 6th
Odom isn’t here to finish 6th down the road but id be fine with 6th and going 6-6, 7-5 in year one. We’d all take that.

BSU, SDSU, FSU, AF, SJSU are all better than us this year IMO. Wyoming won’t be terrible either.

That article is dramatic lol. CSU is not finishing above us. I can guarantee that. Stevens is good, but without Tonje, they will be bad. Nevada will also not finish above us. I can guarantee that as well. The writer is severely underestimating Darrion William's impact on the floor last season.

The writer also said that we have too much talent to replace on the fly? What talent? Harkless was the only true talented piece that was a net positive. Gilbert was a negative most of the year, Vic was a negative every game, and Hall didnt give much in the grand scheme of things. Keylan and Kalib know how to play together and Hill and DJ have been friends and known each other for a long time and have chemistry. It wont take long for this team to mesh.

We will look back at this article and laugh.

That article is dramatic lol. CSU is not finishing above us. I can guarantee that. Stevens is good, but without Tonje, they will be bad. Nevada will also not finish above us. I can guarantee that as well. The writer is severely underestimating Darrion William's impact on the floor last season.

The writer also said that we have too much talent to replace on the fly? What talent? Harkless was the only true talented piece that was a net positive. Gilbert was a negative most of the year, Vic was a negative every game, and Hall didnt give much in the grand scheme of things. Keylan and Kalib know how to play together and Hill and DJ have been friends and known each other for a long time and have chemistry. It wont take long for this team to mesh.

We will look back at this article and laugh.
Last year they picked us 6th and I laughed. I laughed when we started out of the gate 10-0. Then everything went downhill after December and we ended up 7th. I'm gonna see how we do in January in conference play before I start laughing again. I may not laugh until sometime late February.

We were picked to finish 6th? I swear that was for football, but if it was for basketball, thats just delusional.
The #6 for the football team was a prediction for 6 wins.
All of these predictions are always heavily weighted on past performance. This team and staff have yet to earn any past performance credit. Hopefully we’ll start to exceed expectations soon.

I know everyone wants to say wed be happy to get 6 wins, but We were a missed PI away from 6 wins under Arroyo... We didnt fire Arroyo after 3 seasons just to exceed his performance by 1 game. This staff was hired with loftier expectations and its time we hold them to it as much as fans.

As for Kruger, still a show me performance required. We got a lot of talent, we should be much more rounded, but until hes out coaching teams in second halves or during offensive droughts going to bread and butter offense, the verdict on where to finish is out, but should be better than 6th just off experienced talent alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT